Chapter 7

"I Said 'What's wrong with your arm?'"

"I almost got hit" I stuttered. Mom's eyes widened wider than they ever widened "ON. Almost got hit ON. By a girl. So I Yeah I told her... That I'm not into girls you know because I'm gay and stuff. And she said 'I'll be the man that you need' which kinda freaked me out and I--ran away--BACKWARDS yes so I tripped on a rock because you know roads here are different. And so I landed on my arm. Yeah that's about it."

"So that's what happened?"

"Yup"

"And that's how you hurt your arm?"

"Yup"

"And you expect me to believe that?"

"Yeppity yup yup"

"Well I don't believe one shit that came out of your mouth for the past 10 minutes. You better tell me what happened. Now."

Why did she not believe me I completely nailed the story uggHhhH.

"Fine I almost got hit by a motorcycle. Happy?"

"YOU WHAT?" MAN she's got a loud voice.

"It was an accident and I wasn't paying attention much it's not his fault."

"You will not defend someone who almost got you injured. Well technically he did get you injured but you know what I mean"

"Even if he's hot?" she face palmed. She does it quite often. "Ah come on. It's nothing serious really."

"Uh huh. Yeah. Sure. We're going to the hospital. Get your ass in the car right now."

It didn't take us long to get to the hospital. It was different. Smaller. Everything was smaller. The town was smaller. The hospital was smaller. The roads were shorter. Not much cars. I liked the change. The hospital looked like hospitals. The nurses looked like nurses. And the doctors wore doctor stuff.

Passing through the ER, I contemplated my surroundings. Nothing but white walls but still contemplation nonetheless.

My turn came quick because like I said, it's a small town.

After a routinic check, and reflexes check, and a few other checks, I was free to go. They said it's just bruises and they'll go away in a couple weeks, but it's better if I don't move it around a lot to promote faster healing and to not get it worked up.

"You leave home for a couple hours and you get back to me harmed and bruised. What am I going to do with you" mom spoke calmly and in a well demeanored manner once we were in the car. She did not shout. At all. She'd never.

"Accidents happen"

"Don't sass me"

"I'm not! You're making a big deal out of a teeny tiny accident"

"You could've died"

"I didn't"

"You better not. I swear to God if you die on me I'm gonna ground you forever"

I laughed hard. "Literally"

She laughed too. And just like that, her tantrum was over and she was back to normal. She spins a 180 degrees turn in a jiffy.

"So what's his name?" mom spoke after a couple minutes of silence.

"whose name?" I acted like I didn't know exactly who she's talking about and where she's going with it.

"You know who"

"Voldemort?"

"Oh shut up. Now spill"