Chapter 1: Giving Up

Chapter 1

                "Get the hell up!" 

                My eyes shot open immediately. I looked up into the angry black eyes of my father. He looked beyond annoyed. Already I was in deep trouble. I went to scramble immediately up from the bed but he gripped me arm with such force I yelped out in pain. He pulled me from the bed before throwing me to the floor. Hitting the floor with a thud, pain ripple through my arm in protest. I didn't shed a tear. I wouldn't shed one more for this monster.

                "How many times do I have to tell you, you must be awake before I am?" He spat, before kicking me in the stomach.

                I gasped out in pain as I collapsed onto the floor again. The pain was coursing through my ribs. He kicked me again causing me to groan as the pain only got worse. I clutched at my stomach as the pain rippled through me constantly. My father laughed. My suffering was his pleasure. 

                "We are out of here in the next two hours. Get yourself sorted," He spat before stalking out of the room and slamming the door as he went.

                I groaned at the pain but pushed myself up from the floor. I crawled over to the bed before placing my hands on the top. I used all of my force to push me up off of the floor and heaved myself up so I was sat on the edge of the bed. I hissed in pain as I moved the edge of my pyjama top up revealing the ugly bruises that were already showing across my stomach painting it in yellow and black. I tenderly touched each rib to check if any were broken.

                I hissed out in pain as I felt one that was clearly broke. Great. Just what I needed. I pressed my head into my hands I sighed out. This was just one of many injuries that I could add to my collection. God. I was sick of this. I hated this. I hated my life. This is what my own father could do to me. My own flesh and blood.

                I stood up and hobbled into the bathroom that was joined onto this bedroom. I leaned heavily against the door frame as I stumbled into the bathroom. I went straight over to the sink and the cupboard under the sink. Bending down with some difficulty, I discovered a first aid kit. I pulled out a small glass and searched around the first aid kit finding some pain killers in the process. I quickly filled up the glass with water before downing a couple of pain killers. I stripped from my clothes before climbing in the shower.

                Showering quickly and clinically not allowing myself to enjoy the hot water and the moment of respite i got from my father, my mind wandered to where we would go next.  I stumbled out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. I went over to my suitcase that had all of my belongings it, I rifled through for some clothes. I ended up pulling out a pair of black skinny jeans with some dark blue converse, a white blouse and my leather jacket. I pulled out my underwear as well and placed it on the bed. I dried myself quickly before finding the First Aid kit and began to bandage around my torso in line with the broken rib to give it extra support. It was probably true that I could qualify to be a nurse with the amount of medical care I had given to myself over my 17 years.

                I pulled all of my clothes on before towel drying the last little bits of wet hair. Once again my black glossy hair went pin straight. There was a knock at the door so I quickly rushed around to open it praying it wasn't my dad. Wait. No. It wouldn't have been my dad. He would have just walked straight in. I pulled open the door clutching my side that was throbbing.          

                "Princess. Here's some food. We are leaving in half an hour," Mike spoke.

                I watched as he lustfully looked up and down my body. I shivered in disgust. Mike was always watching too much. Letting his eyes gaze too much. Perverted. I quickly took the food from him and went to close the door but he jammed his foot in the way and pushed it open. I backed into the room and placed the food down as I kept my eyes on Mike. Mike was 24, he was one of the generals. He was mad and just as much of a monster as my father. He loves getting the opportunity to torture someone. I hated him too.