3. Easy There Tiger

"So why were you upset?"

I directed my gaze to the ground, embarrassed by my earlier meltdown. "I was just thinking about my life."

He scoffed. "Depressing." A smile made its way to my face as I hit his arm playfully. "Shut up." We both started laughing in unison.

"Have you found her yet?" I asked once the pack house came into our view. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Who?" I rolled my eyes. "Your mate silly." I stated playfully.

His whole demeanor changed as he body went tense. "No."

I shot him a weak smile. "You'll find her. Don't give up." I reassured him.

It's quite uncommon for a wolf to not have found their mate at Titus's age. Especially since he was an Alpha. An Alpha needs his Luna to have a successful pack. Titus was twenty-four and mateless. I felt bad for him at times. Everyone wanted their mate. At least that's what I've heard.

"I won't." I stared up at him in confusion. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I forgot what my last word were.

"Give up. I won't give up." He confirmed. "Oh yeah. Good for you." I released his hand and give him another hug. I pulled away from him when the door to the pack house flew open, revealing a smiling Ryan. I squealed and wrapped my arms around Ryan's neck. "Ryan!" I squealed.

Ryan was Titus's Beta and best friend. He was also my friend Alex's mate. They were the cutest couple. I sometimes envied their relationship, but then I remembered who I was.

"Hey kiddo." He let go of me then ruffled my already messy head, causing my beanie fall off. I caught it before it could hit the ground then glared at him.

Ryan directed his attention towards Titus, ignoring me. "Hey can I talk to you man?"

"Yeah." Titus gave me one last glance before he and Ryan retreated into the pack house.

I sat down on the top step of the pack house porch, staring at the pups running around playing in the snow. I glanced over to my right and saw my brother at the training grounds running laps.

He should be enjoying his youth. Not worrying about being an alpha. I sometimes felt bad for him, but he wanted it so bad. All the other kids his age were worrying about what car they're going to get for their next birthday, while he's training day and night.

I stood and made my way to the training grounds. Right as he was about to run past me I grabbed his arm and pulled him to a stop. "Owen."

He tried to squirm out of my grip. "What is it sis? I'm kind of busy right now." He said breathlessly.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You can make time for your sister. Now sit." I demanded.

He groaned but complied with my demand. We both sat across from each other on the snow-filled ground. I took his hands in mine before I spoke. "Why are you still training. Your training ended two hours ago?" I asked. "I have to get stronger. I won't get stronger if I just sit around."

I sighed. "Does daddy know you're doing extra hours of training?" His eyes went wide. "No, and you can't tell him."

"Owen..."

He crosses his arms over his chest. "Don't give me that look Brinn." He said stubbornly.

"You're over-working yourself."

"I just want to make dad proud. I want to be the best I can be." I ran my hand through his curly blonde hair. "But you have already made him proud. He brags about your progress all the time with Alpha Titus." I reassured him.