Chapter 14

Bryn Atkinson's POV

I was so scared, I couldn't register in my mind what was going on. I just heard yelling, and the thumping of students running, trying to get to safety. A hand yanked on me, and I looked to see that it belonged to Eliazer. He didn't bother to explain, Eliazer just dragged all three of us away. Bruce was looking around frantically while Jared just held on to me as Eliazer lead us away.

I grabbed Bruce's shoulder, yanking him along with me, and that's when he snapped out of it, running alongside Eliazer. He rushed us into the boy's bathroom, stuffing all of us inside the stall that was all the way at the end.

"On top of the toilet." He ushered. We don't know how, but we all managed to stand on top of the toilet, leaning against the stall to support each of us. I could hear the screaming and the yelling coming from outside. Everyone was scared that someone had brought a gun to school. I was scared that somebody brought a gun to school. Just knowing that a bullet has the capacity to kill someone frightens me.

I was trying to hold in my sobs by now, I'm sure my face was flushed. Tears were blurring my vision. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, which I did successfully. The halls had quieted down, so I'm guessing that they did protocol. Locked and barricaded doors.

We were alone in the bathroom, nobody was allowed to open classroom doors even if we were outside. Suddenly, that bathroom door slid open. My breath hitched as I look wide eyed at Eliazer, who was touching shoulders with mine. He put a finger to his lips before looking at Bruce and Jared, who had the same expression as I. Footsteps echoed throughout the bathroom, the sound of the door stalls beside our opening, slamming against each other.

Eliazer looked at the ground before looking at me. He grabbed a hair piece from my hair, before throwing it under the stall, sliding all the way towards the other end. The footsteps stopped, and Eliazer took that chance to quietly open a large air vent and crawl us inside. I don't know how we did it, how it was even possible, but we all got inside, Eliazer closing the vent after us.

The footsteps still echoed slowly, until he tried opening the last stall, our stall. When they found out it didn't open, a gunshot rang about, making us all jump a little. Eliazer scooted closer next to me, the light not illuminating his boots anymore. The door slammed open, of course, not to reveal anyone at all. Whoever it was, stood there longer than what they should have.

I unconsciously pulled Eliazer closer towards me, while he put his arm around my waist. We all held our breaths, wondering why nothing was happening. The steps faded slowly, hearing the bathroom door slide shut. Jared gasped, leaning against a vent wall.

"This has got to be one of the scariest shits I've been in." He whispered, rubbing his forehead. Bruce, on the other hand, had beads of sweat trickling down his own, not even bothering to wipe it off as he pants. I looked at Eliazer, only to see him looking at something else. My hands were gripped around shirt.

His shirt.

I noticed his muscles were tense, so I awkwardly let him go, giving him a little pat on his chest. I cleared my throat, turning around but realizing we were so close together, my back was against his chest. I look at Bruce to see his shift his eyes away quickly, Jared on the other hand smiled.

Why in gods name did I react like this?

"Is anybody in here?!" A voice yelled out. "It's the police!"

I sighed in relief, letting my whole body go boneless. Eliazer got us all out before peeking out the stall door. He ushered us all out, and to my sight, I did see the police.

"Hands on top of your head." The man said. He looked really heavy duty, each of them had large guns, bulletproof vests, etc. We all listened, putting our hands on top of our heads before heading out. We went through the school doors, the federal trucks catching attention. There were tons of police cars and such. My stomach felt like twists and turns just by looking at them.

And at some point, all I saw was black.

~

I woke up in a hospital. A bed, a gown, my Dad slumped on the seat beside me, Nikolai standing by the door, Jared on the floor for some unknown reason. I threw a cookie towards my dad that was on the bedside table. He snorted before going wide awake.

"Oh." Was all he said. His face still looked like he was at daze, his eyelids halfway closed. I smiled at him before stretching, letting out a loud screech. That woke Jared up immediately.

"Oh my god, dude, you passed out in the middle of the street!" He exclaimed, coming to take the seat beside me.

"Yeah, I was ki-kinda in shock I guess." I stuttered, my mind still a bit hazy.

"The doctors said you could get out today." He said a bit cheeky. "I was getting so bored when you were knocked out. Eliazer has been gone for a whole thirty minutes, thirty minutes Bryn!"

I chuckled when he said that. Eliazer's been gone for only half an hour, yet, Jared makes it seem like a lifetime.

"Yeah dork, I heard you," I replied, messing up his hair.

"Hey hey hey! Watch the hair." He said, swatting my hand away. I heard various footsteps coming near my door. My thoughts were confirmed when I saw River stupidly peek through the window on the door, Nikolai giving him an unimpressed look. All the guys came inside, Benji having a broken arm while Tanner exclaims;

"Bryn, I came out on the fricking News!"

-~-~-~-~-~-~

Badum, Badum, Badum Badum Badum Badum baduuuuum.

Here is chapter 14 guys! I really hoped you liked it!

I wanted something different, so a school shooting just came to mind, was it too much?

Bruuuuuh 😂

I'm sorry, I just HAD to share this with you guys, it was just too funny 😂

Ahem, ANYWAYS, thank you for reading! Don't forget to
VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE

KEEP THE PEACE WATTPADIANS! ✌️❤️😂