Chapter 26:

thanks to @ziall_rendezvouslove

After class, Harry walks out before me and doesn't try to talk to me again. We continue ignoring each other all week and I am beginning to forget about our mistake. Each day that passes without talking to him makes it easier to not think about him when I get back to my room. Steph and Tristan have been hanging out all week so I have had the room mostly to myself all week which has been both good and bad. Good because I get a lot of studying done but bad because I am left alone with my thoughts about Harry. By Friday, I feel like I am already over this whole mess with Harry, that is until everyone keeps talking about the party. There is a party there every Friday and usually, Saturday too so why the feel the need to get excited about it every weekend blows my mind.

After being asked by at least ten people if I will be at the party, I decided to do the only thing that I know will keep me from going. I called Natalie.

"Hey Louis ! " She chirps into the phone. It has been a few days since we have actually talked on the phone and I have missed her voice.

"Hey, do you think you could come visit me?" I ask.

"Sure, we will plan it out and maybe I can come next weekend," She says and I groan.

"No, I mean like today. Like now, could you leave right now?" I know she likes to plan things just like I do but I need her to come now.

"I have practice after school, I am still at school now, I am just at lunch"

"Please Natalie, I really miss you. Can't you just leave now and come here for the weekend? Please" I am aware that I am begging her but I don't care.

"Uhm.. yea sure Louis. I will come now. Is everything okay?" I am actually surprised squeaky clean Natalie is agreeing to this but I am so glad she is.

"Yea, I just really miss you. I haven't seen you in almost two weeks" I remind her and she laughs.

"I miss you too. I am going to get a slip and leave in a few minutes so I will see you in about three hours. I love you, Louis"

"I love you too," I say and hang up. Well, that's settled, any chance that I may end up at that party is now gone. I have a newfound sense of relief as I walk to Literature until I look at the front row and see Harry hovering over Liam's desk. What the hell?

I rush over and Harry slams his hand on the desk. "Don't ever say some shit like that again you prick," Harry says and Liam moves to stand up. Liam must be insane to try to fight back against Harry. Liam is muscular and all but he is so kind, I can't imagine him hitting anyone.

I grab hold of Harry's arm and pull him back away from Liam. His hand raises into the air and I flinch, once he realizes it is me he drops his hand and curses under his breath.

"Leave him alone Harry!" I yell and turn to Liam. He looks just as mad as Harry does but he sits down.

"You need to mind your own business Louis" Harry spits and moves to his seat. He really should sit in the back somewhere.

I lean over and whisper to Liam, "Are you okay? What was that about?"

He looks towards Harry and sighs. "He is just an asshole, that pretty much sums it up," he says and smiles. I giggle a little and lean back over. I can hear Harry's ragged breathing next to me and I get an idea. A childish idea but I did it anyway.

"I have some good news!' I tell Liam in my best mock-cheery voice.

"Really? What's that?"

"Natalie is coming to visit today and she will be here all weekend!" I say and smile while clapping my hands together. I know I am overdoing it but I feel Harry's eyes on me and I know he heard me.

"Really? That is great news!" Liam smiles. Class begins and ends without Harry saying a word to me. This is how it will be from now on and it's fine with me. I wish Liam a nice weekend and walk back to my room and grab something to eat before Natalie gets here.

I eat and straighten my room up a little, well my side is already clean so I fold Tristan's clothes and put them away, I hope he won't mind. My phone finally buzzes with Natalie's text saying she is here. I jump off the bed and rush outside to greet her. She looks better than ever in navy blue pants, a cream cardigan, and white shirt underneath. She really does wear a lot of cardigans but I love them. Her welcoming smile warms my heart and she wraps her arms around me and tells me how nice it is to see me.

"How are you?" She asks as we walk back to my room.

"I've missed you." I explain and she smiles.

'So what do you want to do this weekend while you're here?" I ask her. She says that I can choose so we end up browsing through Netflix to pick a movie to watch. Tristan texts me and says that he is with Steph and he won't be back tonight so I turn the lights off and we sit against the headboard with Natalie's  arm around my shoulder and my head on her chest. This is me, not some wild boy swimming in a punk boy's t-shirt. The door opens and I expect to see Tristan, but of course it is Harry.

His eyes go straight to me and Natalie and I flush. He came here to tell Natalie, I know he did. Panic takes over my body and I scoot away from her.

"What are you doing here?" I snap and Harry smiles.

"I am meeting Tristan" he answers and sits down. "Hey Natalie, nice to see you again" he smirks and she looks uncomfortable. She is probably wondering why Harry has a key to the room and doesn't bother to knock.

"He is with Steph, probably already at your house," I tell him slowly, silently pleading for him to leave. If he tells Natalie  now I have no idea how I could recover.

"Oh, really?" he asks. I can tell by his smirk that he came here just to torment me. He will probably stay until I come clean to Natalie myself. "Are you two coming to the party?"

"No.. we aren't. We are trying to watch a movie" I tell him and Natalie reaches over and takes my hand. Even in the dark, I can see Harry's eye focus on her hand on mine.

"That's too bad. I better go. Oh and Natalie," Harry says and my heart drops. "That's a nice cardigan you're wearing" Thank god. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Thanks it's from Gap," Natalie says. She is clueless and unaware that Harry is making fun of her.

"Of course it is. You two have fun" Harry taunts and leaves the room.