031

"THE WAY FLOWERS GROW TOWARDS SUNLIGHT IS THE WAY I LEAN TOWARDS YOU."

GOING straight home wasn't easy for George. He left the airport and wound up in a small town. George never showed his feelings well, nor could he cope with them. He was known for always being a jokester who was always having a good time. So dealing with the pain of Arden leaving wasn't somethings George knew how to do very well.

On the other hand, Arden was getting ready to board the plane when she realised that she just couldn't leave. She didn't have anyone she loved, but there were people out there that didn't deserve to die; people who cared about her and would defend her, so it was only right for her to stay and protect them too.

"Ma'am, your ticket please." A young boy said, gathering her attention.

The young witch looked down at the paper in her hand, glancing back at the impatient employee. She needed to decide now if she should run to her safety or stay and fight beside the people who made life tolerable.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here." Arden finally said, turning around and walking away. The line rolled their eyes at Arden for holding them up, but she didn't really care. All she wanted to do was go back to No. 12 Grimmauld Place and hug George and tell him that she wouldn't leave him in a time of need.

At this point, Arden wasn't sure what she was doing. She felt nothing romantically towards George Weasley or anybody for that matter. But George managed to make her feel at home and she cared about him. If he died, she'd definitely be affected. Yet, feelings would never exist no matter how much she wanted them to.

The bathroom wasn't empty, Arden expected that much. She had no place to hide in order to apparate out of the airport, meaning she had to exit and find an alley or corner. She dragged her luggage behind her and felt guilty for the enormous amount of money in her bag. Levi's entire life savings plus hers sat inside her purse, and she wasn't even going along with his wishes. However, she decided that being there for Leviathan in case anything happened would be better than being somewhere else in the world and not knowing.

Three blocks from the airport, Arden found a pretty dark and secluded area with nearly no muggles. She stepped into the shadows and held on to her luggage tightly before disapparating.

She stumbled slightly at her landing and shrieked slightly at the sight of Fred who was equally as startled. "Why are you in my room?" She immediately blurted, her hand over her heart.

"Looking for you, of course! You and George just disappeared and didn't tell me a thing. Why do you have your bags? Were you attempting to leave again?"

The question took Arden by surprise. "Again?"

"George told me you didn't want to put us in harm and had plans to leave. Did you attempt to leave? Where's George?"

Arden shook her head, sighing. She dug through her bag and handed Fred the letters, watching him skim through them. She then explained the discussion she had with George and then how she had changed her mind.

"You say George's not here?" Arden questioned, growing worried. They didn't know what dangers were out there and George was alone and vulnerable. "Well where could he be?" Fred merely shrugged.

With a groan, Arden fell back on her bed. She flicked her wrist and all of her belongings went back in place, saving her from the unpacking. Fred sighed, leaning against one of the poles connected to her bed. "Do you have feelings now?"

Sadly, Arden shook her head and sat up. "I really want to. It sucks because he's so great but I just, I can't. It's so crazy to think he has feelings for me."

"It's no secret. You should see the way he looks at you." Fred said lowly, chuckling to himself.

The statement made Arden furrow her eyebrows. "How?" She inquired, bringing her legs up on the bed. Fred walked over and sat beside her, laying back as his legs bent over from his height.

The redhead smirked slightly, a loose, sort of sad, laugh falling from his lips. "It's like you're the ocean and he's desperate to drown."

It was quiet after that. Fred disliked Arden a tiny bit for making his brother fall in love with her but he knew it was unreasonable because she had no control over it. It wasn't her fault she couldn't love, and it wasn't her fault George fell for her. He knew that since the beginning she had tried to protect him from inevitable heartbreak, and it upset him that she failed. He was also agitated at Arden's whole situation. He felt angry for her, because he knew Arden was no longer angry. He knew that if Arden ran into her mother, she'd have nothing to say. On the other hand, Fred knew he'd hex Elle Darden into oblivion.

Meanwhile, Arden was thinking of the recent events. She thought of how her life was so messy, but everything was going well before her sixth year. Not exactly, with Harvey spreading rumours and sending owl after owl to her home. But she didn't have internal battles with herself and she didn't question her life so much. Her father was alive and times were just so much more simple. There was a routine and Arden missed it so damn much.

But at the same time, she was so glad that George Weasley fell into her lap on September first. She felt as if her life had finally started the moment she decided to befriend him. However, those thoughts just made her sad. She wanted to love George, she wanted to feel sparks every time they touched. She wanted to feel those bloody butterflies when they kissed, she wanted to feel the love he definitely had for her.

And all the girl could do was dream about loving the freckled boy.