Chapter 32

The run back to the house was a cold and wet one, the rain becoming heavier and heavier until even the taste of Camila's lips couldn't distract her from the fact that they were soaking wet. They'd spent ages under that blanket until the ominous rumble of thunder in the distance had driven them from their little cocoon in search of warmth.

"Sounds like there's a storm coming, Camz" she'd said as she pulled her up to her feet, "we'd better be getting back."

"Too bad," Camila replied winking at her naughtily, her hair soaked and plastered to her head, somehow still making her look great, "things were just getting interesting."

She couldn't help a grin passing across her lips at the thought of the brunette's hand creeping up underneath her shirt, her fingers trailing gently across her dragons even as her tongue pushed hungrily into her mouth.

Things were getting slightly more than interesting, and silently, she thanked the gods for their timely intervention.

"Still," she continued, grabbing her hand as they walked towards the edge of the woods, "maybe I can convince you to scrub my back in the shower"

Lauren stopped dead on the thin gravel path that led back to the distant house, and looked at Camila, ignoring the rain that was streaming down her face and hair, dripping uncomfortably down the back of her shirt.

"It's ok, Lolo, I know. I was just teasing you," Camila said, tilting her own soaked head and smiling at her. "Things were getting a little intense in there, don't you think?"

"A little," she replied simply, squeezing her fingers before dropping her hand in case anyone happened to be staring out into the rain-soaked landscape and saw them.

"Do you think that maybe we need to calm things down a little?"

She nodded, "I don't think that would be a bad idea, Camz, especially here, you know?"

"You're probably right, at least in public anyway. It's a shame, though, the thought of getting caught with my girlfriend is quite exciting."

She goggled at Camila for a second as the brunette laughed and stamped a puddle at her.

She skipped to the side to dodge the water that came her way, failing miserably as her was spattered with mud.

"What the hell, stop that!" she yelled as Camila stuck her tongue out at her and turned, running up the path away from her.

"Hurry up, slowpoke! In case you haven't noticed, it's fucking freezing and I really do need a hot shower," she yelled over her shoulder heading off, her laughter trailing behind her. Lauren watched her as she ran a short distance ahead before pausing and turning back towards her. She couldn't help being amused, and it was with a happy smile on her face that she run after her.

Camila called her her girlfriend, and she found herself amazed by the fact that she wasn't even bothered by it. Although a tiny part of her brain was reminding her that she didn't like being labeled, she decided to ignore it. Camila Cabello had just called her her girlfriend, and the secretly sappy side of her thought that was just a little bit more than perfect.

o+o+o

"I could really get used to this," she said to herself as the heat of the water in the tub soaked into her tired muscles and swept away the chill that she'd been feeling.

"Get used to what?" she heard a shout from the bedroom, "and who are you talking to? Do you have someone in there with you, Jauregui?"

"I could get used to soaking in a tub," she said, raising her head above the lip of the roll top, "and no I don't, and why are you lurking around in my room, Miss Cabello?"