Part 42

Ruthless Obsession

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

"Nivaan.., this is the mall.., which i said u about...!!"
........Raghunandan along vth Nivaan reached the mall in his car.., and he said gesturing his hand towards the mall..

Nivaan took off his shades and admired the custom jewelry mall and they both went inside vthout making any delay...

He soon went to the rings section after checking the map display  at the entrance in the 2nd floor...

Raghunandan just followed him as he too was curious to know the reason behind Nivaan's sudden interest in this stuff..

"Do u have rings for women??!!
...........Proposal Rings..,i meant...!!  "

.........Nivaan said to the person who was  at the counter there.., in his formal wear..

"Yes..., sir.....!! We have the finest collection of rings..., n we offer custom made rings too...
Just check out this week's custom made rings in this catalogue...!! "

......said the man and handed him the catalogue vth pictures in it...

Raghunandhan..., looked at the catalogue for once and excused Nivaan to make a call..., and went to the other corner of the mall where there is little crowd...

"My guess is right...!! Nivaan is going to Propose her for marriage....!!
Nivaan will surely get hurt again..., if Prataap takes any wrong step...!!
Oh god...!! Pls dnt make my child suffer again...!! "
............. he thought while trying to dial Prataap's no. bt  jst then..., from the corner of his eye.., he saw Nivaan approaching him and  kept his mobile in his coat pocket again.., and went towards him to the  rings section..., faking a smile..., to Nivaan..

............................................

" Soo.., u are living here  vth Nivaan.., from the past 2 weeks...!!"
........Prataap said adjusting himself on the couch there  facing Lathika..., who stood infront of him fiddling vth her dupatta..

" Sir...,!! My house was  damaged by the earth quake before 2 weeks and Nivaan sir had brought me here..., as i have no other place to go...!!
.......I will soon shift to a new place...!!"

..............lathika tried her best to sound normal...,  though her own words were inaudible.., as she could hear her own heart beat echoing in her ears...

Prataap then looked at her shivering posture and asked her to sit.., to which she agreed and sat on the other couch infront of him being fully conscious of his presence..

" I have did my bit enquiry abt you.., when Nivaan said that he is living vth a girl in the bungalow.., which he never did before...!!
.
.
But by now.., i think u have seen few shades of my Nivaan..., being arrogant and  intrusive at tymes...
But let me tell you one thing....!!
.
.
Nivaan never dated any girl more than 6 months..., n i have seen him quite comfortable in switching them...
But you dnt seem lyk a girl..., who would accept such practical relationships....
.
.
I think you should think on your decision again...!!"
.............Prataap tone was soft and at the same tym it had that hunch of audacity too..., which made lathika to sweat a little...