How To Save a Life [Zerkstar]

The Sidemen are taking it in turns to complete stupid dares for April Fools Day video. But when Josh pushes Vik too hard to do a dare he knows he won't be able to do, he's wracked with guilt when his best friend ends up getting hurt.

Disclaimer: This was inspired by one of the old Janoskians Dare or Dare videos that I watched a couple of weeks ago,  I thought it was hilarious and had to feature it in my writing one way or another! The dares are all from the original video ☺

Word Count: 2023 Words

~✖~

I can't believe you actually just did that!" Tobi exclaimed as JJ limped out of the tattoo shop sporting a new tattoo of Pewdiepie's name on his foot.

JJ shrugged. "Well, I wasn't going to let you dickheads win without a fight, was I?" He turned to Josh with a smirk. "Hey, I should get Marina Joyce on the other foot!"

"Oh yeah!" Harry smirked. He coughed and put a hand on his hip. He mocked the female YouTuber in a high-pitched voice. "This is my house. I'm going to give you a tour of my house - this is my house tour, welcome to my house, would you like to see my hou -"

"Shut up you muppet," Tobi cut him off with a laugh. It was a Saturday afternoon and the Sidemen were filming an 'April Fools Day Special' dare video to post on the Sidemen channel on, believe it or not, April Fools Day. 

The seven Sidemen were taking it in turns to give each other dares and if one of the guys failed to execute the dare that they were given, the forfeit was to give their phone to the person who gave them the dare and let them send a Tweet from their Twitter account. 

"Who's next?" Simon asked after snapping a picture of JJ's new tattoo and posting it on Instagram. "Hey Ethan, there's another little girl over there!"

One of the previous dares was for Ethan to 'kidnap a child', and he'd done just that. Well, almost. He'd ran up to the young girl, picked her up and walked a few paces, before he placed her back onto the ground and yelped, "It was a joke, it was just a joke," when the girl's furious mother approached him. 

"Fuck off, man," he laughed, flipping off the older male. He knew that the guys were never going to let him live it down, and they took it within their strive to make paedophile references every ten seconds.

"It's Vik's turn," Harry  smirked. "You pick one, Jide."

JJ grinned. "Vik. I dare you to go for a cheeky swim with the ducks."

Everyone turned to Vik who looked terrified. His jaw dropped. "Sorry, what?"

"He dares you," Harry pointed at Vik, "To go for a cheeky swim," the dark-haired boy whirled his arms around to make it look like he was swimming, "In the lake, with the ducks," he pointed to the lake, a smirk etched upon his face.

"It has to be cheeky though," Ethan added.

Vik stood there, gob smacked. "But it's like, 1 degree," he whined in protest.

Everyone burst into laughter, and Vik pouted. "Don't be such a wimp," Josh smirked, slinging an arm around his best friend's shoulder. "You'll get over it; Jide has Pewds stuck on his foot forever."

"Whatever, Vik sighed, following the group towards the lake. He took off his Sidemen Hoodie and peeled off his shirt which was clinging to his skin. The cold instantly hit him, and the hairs on the back of his neck stood up on end.

Simon dipped his hand into the water. "It's fucking freezing, like minus 30 or something!"

"Don't make me do this," Vik begged. "Anything but swimming."