Bedtime Story (xSpy)

+Author's note

Does animal crossing linking work even across countries?

You stared up at the dark ceiling, feeling the cool night air whisper through the window, making the thin silky curtain dance with the breeze.

Laurent laid softly snoring next to you. His back facing against you as his body rose with each soft breath he took.

'I shouldn't have had them...'

You remembered the chocolate covered coffee beans Laurent brought in earlier. In curiousity, you tried a few pieces and ended up eating half the package.

As a result, you laid on the bed. Wide awake without any signs of falling asleep.

You rubbed your eyes, and faced the bedside table, looking at your clock, you saw that it was..

'2:05.. are you freaking serious..'

Sighing, you threw your arms down onto the blanket in frustration.

With this, Laurent suddenly shifted, and groggily turned to face you. Stubble rough on his face, his eyes too bleary to open.

Nonetheless, he still opened one eye and stared at you, making you feel guilty of your sudden movements.

"Mon amour.. what is it?"

You gently put a hand on his face, stroking his cheek.

"It's nothing, I just couldn't sleep that'a all. Go back to sleep sweetie"

Laurent gave a low groggy hum of content at the back of his throat as you stroked his cheek. He leaned into your hand.

He suddenly leaned towards you, and held you into his arms. Hugging you from the back, he tucked your head under his chin.

"Let me 'elp 'ou get back to sleep"

You smiled at how sweet Laurent was. Even in his half dazed sleepy self he was the sweetest man ever!

He gave a contented sigh as he burried his face into your hair, taking a deep breath.

You giggled. You couldn't help it but this was doing the exact opposite of what you both wanted.

"Laurent, I can't sleep if you keep doing that!"

He stopped, and rested his chin on top of your head again. His chin resting on your forhead, he started to rub his face stubble onto your face, tickling you.

"My, what a fickle fleur 'ou are!"

You laughed as he continued to tickle and scratch you with his stubble, he held you tightly so you couldn't escape. You laughed and giggled as he gave a sleepy grin.

"Ah! Laurent stop it~!"

"Non~"

You both laughed softly to yourselves as he continued to attack you with his rough stubble.

Soon he gave up, sighing out of breath, while you giggled hysterically.

"Mon amour, it really is getting late. You really should get some sleep"

You pouted.

"How can I? You just riled me up!"

Laurent gave a chuckle and tried lifting your pillow from under your head, while giving you two more pillows from his side.

"Why not flip to the cooler side of 'our pillow? 'ou like it zhat way don't 'ou?"

You smiled and nodded. Pressing your face against the now flipped pillow, it's cool soft surface soothing you in an instant.

Laurent passed you the pillows, which you held against your chest as you felt the cold plushy pillows. You started to feel drowsy but..

"Now do 'ou feel mon amour?"

"Better.. it'll take me a bit but I'll fall asleep sometime soon"

Laurent smiled and held you close.

"Zhen 'ow about a bedtime story to speed zhings up?"

You laughed.

"Really Laurent? Bed time stories? What am I, 5 years old?"

Holding you even closer, Laurent ignored you and went on.

"Hmmm.. let's see.. zhe 3 little pigs? Little red riding hood? Beauty and zhe beast or.."

Thinking to himself, Your husband hummed to himself as you grinned in spite of your words.

"Ah! Yes, I will tell 'ou my favorite story!"

"Is it French?"

"Well.. it is both French and (home country name)"

You turned in his grasp, facing Laurent in amusement. Was there such a story?

"Once upon a time.. zhere was a French man zhat went by zhe name of Laurent.."

"Ppffffffttttt...!!"

Laurent shushed you with another attack with his stubble.

"He went along his merry way, living his dull little life, paperwork and contracts.. killing and spying.. zhen.. out of zhe blue!"

He tickled you from behind, earning another set of giggles from you.

"..Came a beautiful woman with shining (h/c) hair. With (e/c) eyes zhat sparkled like zhe ocean! She had legs like a doe's, and hands smooth as zhe finest china"

Laurent's eyes sparkled as he remembered the first time he met you.

"And it was then, that poor Laurent became a love sick fool. He saw zhe most beautiful woman to grace his eyes, but could not speak to her, for she disappeared as soon as she came.."

Laurent held you closer.

"And day after day, he would spend hours dreaming of zhe belle, wishing he could hold her hand, look her in zhe eyes.. or at least know her name so he could have something to whisper in zhe night.."

You smiled and laced your hands with Laurent's, and continued the story for him.

"Then Laurent found the girl-"

"-He was overjoyed!"

"They went on a few dates-"

"-Oh what splendid times zhey were!"

"One day Laurent asked to marry her-"

"-And married they were in a breeze"

"Now they lie together in bed two years after-"

"-But zhe belle could not sleep"

"And so Laurent told the story of how they met-"

"-And it lulled zhe girl to sleep"

You smiled sleepily.

"It sure did. But that was a terrible story"

Laurent laughed and kissed your forhead.

"It was, but zhe second part gets better"

You closed your eyes and murmered half asleep.

"When's the second part..?"

Laurent smiled and brushed the hair out of your face, watching you lovingly as he whispered in your ear.

"It begins tomorrow morning"