08

So far, Eira thought that Elena was okay. Elena seemed nice, but Eira thought Elena looking exactly like Katherine would cause problems. But, Elena made Stefan happy and that was what mattered to Eira. Eira thought that Stefan only really liked Elena because she looked like Katherine and she thought that Stefan would be happier with someone else. Eira would keep her opinions to herself, though.

Eira and Elena arrived at The Mystic Grill where the bachelor raffle was going to take place. They went inside and Elena led Eira over to a young blonde girl who looked like the blonde lady she saw earlier today. The girl was behind a table giving out raffle tickets to people that bought them.

Once Elena and Eira got closer, the girl took notice of them. "Hey, Elena," the girl said and then looked at Eira. "Who's this?"

    "Hey, Care. This is Eira, Stefan's twin. Eira, this is Caroline," The girl's eyes widened and her jaw went a little slack at the new information thrown at her.

    Before Eira could say a response, the blonde said,"Since when did Stefan get a sister?"

       "Um," Elena thought for a moment. "Stefan didn't like to talk about her because she was um, in a coma and now she's awake."

     Caroline just nodded her head, accepting the information. Eira didn't know what a coma was but, she just decided to go along with it. Caroline started firing off questions,"How long were you in a coma for? And, how did you get in a coma?"

   Eira gulped and blurted out whatever came to mind,"Uh, 5 years. I got in a... car crash."

    Elena noticed Eira's nervousness and mouthed 'It's okay'. Eira calmed down, now that she knew that she said the right thing. Her brothers didn't tell her what to say for a cover story, so she had to make it up.

   Then, a blond busboy came over to where they were standing. He came closer to Caroline and she pulled him to her side quickly, and kissed him on the lips. He pulled away and said,"Woah, what was that for?"

  Caroline looked at Eira threateningly, giving her a warning look. She was being territorial and then she put on a smile,"You've been hit on, like, 35 times. He's total cougar bait."

   Eira had no idea why Caroline glared at her like that because she didn't do anything. But, she let it go. The blond busboy noticed Eira for the first time and asked, "Who are you?"

    "I'm Eira, Stefan's twin," she smiled at him in greeting, being friendly and Caroline narrowed her eyes.

    "It's nice to meet you. I'm Matt Donovan," he said being polite as well and he held his hand out for her to shake which she smiled at and shook his hand. No one Eira had met so far had been as polite as Matt and she liked that at least someone, was as nice as he was. As soon as Eira stopped shaking his hand, Caroline looped her arm around Matt's and pulled him closer.

   Eira couldn't understand Caroline's weird behavior but, didn't have much time to question it because Caroline noticed someone and she called, "Hi, Ms. Donovan."

    Matt's mother looked at Caroline with distaste and completely ignored her by talking to Elena,"Elena, honey."

      Eira thought that was incredibly rude and she disliked this lady, seeing as she didn't like to hate anybody. Hate was much too strong an emotion for Eira. Hate was like a dark cloud that billowed around a person and seeped into the person's heart, never leaving. She didn't want that for herself.