Chapter 16. Intimidating Scarlett.

Rage.

She didn't utter a single word after everything that I said.
I don't think she even believed me.

I rubbed at the corner of my eyes, trying not to shed tears infront of her.
She actually thought of me doing the same things as her scum of a father.
I can never do that to her. I love her. Why else would I put aside every single thing I believed in to marry her and dedicate my whole life to keep her safe.

Pulling the car into gear I drove towards our house.
It feels so good calling that old lonely mansion, our house. I have lived there alone for so long.
And now I will have Scarlett to come home to.
Maybe one day we can have kids of our own. Filling up all those empty rooms. Running around the house with Scarlett's blue eyes and my freckles.

I could have waited.
Maybe listened to her opinions about our marriage prospect.
All that went down the drain when I saw her in the arms of another man. Without my ring staking claim on her. Vulnerable.
How can I ever allow another man near her when I know what they have done to her?
I can't loose her.
The whole reason for me to rush into this is so that I can make her whole again. So that I can wipe out the fear in her that those people put into her when she was barely a kid.
How can I do that when there are men out there who can harm her at any given moment if I am not there with her.

She underestimated my feelings for her.
How I wish I could tell her that I am marrying her not for her beauty but for everything that she is. Broken or not.
But I can't.
I don't want her to think that I took pity on her and decided to give her a better life. I specially don't want her to know about the deal I made with Timothy. She will think worse of it all.
While secretly I am out hunting down her father.
I am going to do everything in me to make sure Scarlett never has to fear anything ever again.
Starting with the dead bodies of those scums on her feet.

I just hope one day she understands my reasons to do this.
I just can't loose her.
The man that I once was, fearless and indestructible. Now holds a weakness.
Her.
My Mrs. Scarlett Rage Díaz.
My name suits her so well...

I can't risk her safety. Not after everything that I have found out from Timothy.

My actions were wrong.
Hell, if I cared.

No man in his right mind, can watch the woman he loves, let herself be broken and scared.
I can't tell her my reasons into hurrying this.
And I sure as hell cant allow her to be vulnerable.
I need her out of her anxious comfort zone.
And if its control that I need to use to make sure she is safe and protected. Than, control, I shall use.

I had planned to get her to sign the papers in our house.
But knowing she will give me hell for it.
I used everything I could for my advantage.

Fuck I even made sure no other man dares to come ten inches closer to her.

The news about my marriage with Scarlett must be spreading like wildfire by now.

Taking off my jacket I tossed it on to my chair and faced Scarlett.
She stood by my home office door with her arms around her as if she felt cold.
Leaning against my desk I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Here" I hear her soft voice infront of me.
Looking up, I frowned. She held the gun I gave her in her left hand while the right one held the ring.
"I don't know how to use the gun. So its no use of me." She explains. I shook my head in a 'no' and folded my arms to my chest.
Raising an eyebrow, I say...
"I will teach you how to use it. Keep it with you for your peace of mind."
She nods and places it on my desk beside me.