Nightmares Mycroft one shot x reader

I opened my eyes tiredly and tried to get used to the lack of light. It was dark in the room, the only light came from out of the window, wonderful moonlight which gave the whole room a beautiful silver glow. I loved the moonlight, it was so mysterious but breathtaking, something that made you speechless, something so beautiful that I could stare at it for hours. The window was open. By accident, I suppose, because it had been a hot day but I always closed the windows at night so I thought that I had forgotten about it this time. A little breeze made the curtains move and the breeze reached me so my hair moved along with the curtains.

I rubbed my eyes as an attempt to wake up but I failed a bit. It had been a long, long day and I was happy to be in bed after a lot of work and stress. I yawned and looked at the man. I remembered that he had been lying next to me when I closed my eyes but when I opened them he sat up with one hand covering his face. He had been talking in his sleep and I recognised my name what had been the reason of my waking. 'What is it?' I asked with a tired voice. The man removed his hand and looked at me with a exhausted face. In the moonlight that was shining on him I saw tears running down his cheeks and I felt some concern growing inside of me.

'Mycroft, what's wrong?' I demanded, now completely awake. 'I- I,' his voice was weak but he cleared his throat and talked with a better voice again. 'I'm terribly sorry for waking you.' He simply said in the most polite tone. I hated it when he talked to me like that, it was way too formal. 'Please go back to sleep, my dear. You need it.' He said as he looked at my face. 'I know.' I said. 'But I will not sleep until you tell me what's going on.' I tried to sit up but my body was still sleeping so it took more effort than I had thought. 'What's wrong, Mycroft. Please, tell me.' I said, now with a softer voice, and pressed my lips on his cheek to clear it from tears.

He had stopped crying silently but my words and actions made some fresh tears appear and roll down his cheeks and the moonlight made them look like liquid silver. 'Mycroft?' I asked again while the concern inside of me grew by every tear he shed. 'I just had a bad dream, nothing more, nothing to be concerned of. Please dear, go back to sleep.' He said almost begging me and pushed me softly into a lying position but I protested. 'Dreams can be meaningful and very important, Mycroft.' I said but every word I said only made it worse. 'Tell me.' I tried again. 'What did you dream about?'

Mycroft looked me in the eye and I could see his eyes shining with love and sadness. 'You.' He answered me. It was not the answer I had expected so I looked at him with astonishment all over my face. 'Me?' I asked not-understanding, he simply nodded. 'Could you go back to sleep now?' He asked but I shook my head stubbornly. 'No. Tell me, what did I do to make you so upset?' My eyes now full of determinedness so he knew I would not rest until I got the answer. If I upset him in his dreams, I would like to know what I had done.

'You left me.'

He said and turned his face so the darkness won from the moonlight and I could no longer see his face. 'Mycroft,' my hand searched for his cheek and when I found it I made him look at me, hoping that the look in my eyes could make my words even stronger. 'I would never leave you. Not for anyone, not for anything. You know why, Mycroft?' He shook his head, barely moving. 'No, I don't.' His weak voice had returned. 'Because I love you. With all of my heart and for just the way you are. With your smirks and suits and umbrellas and clever words, with your hugs and kisses, and kindness. Please, never think such things again.' I said and felt the concern slipping away. I pushed him to the bed again.

'Sleep, dream nicely and wake up tomorrow knowing that I love you.' I added. 'Even when the entire world doesn't, I will always love you.' My head found the pillow again but I rejected the softness of it and placed my head on his chest. He stroke his fingers through my hair and softly said: 'Oh (y/n), I'm so happy to have such wonderful person beside me.' I smiled but it faded quickly.

'Now shut up, I'm exhausted and need to sleep.' I said making him laugh. 'Goodnight, Mycroft.' I whispered. 'Goodnight my dear, rest a little and I'll meet you in the morning when you wake up. Thank you for getting me out of the empty loneliness, thank you for being with me.' He placed a kiss on the crown of my head. 'I love you.' He said sweetly. 'I love you too.' I whispered and focussed on the rhythm of his breathing and noticed that he had fallen asleep. Within a couple minutes I slept too, my head resting on his chest like a warm soft pillow. I would never leave him, not because he loved me and needed me but because I was deeply in love with this man, this wonderful, secretly caring man.

A/N

So here is a Mycroft one shot x reader. I really hope you liked it and please vote but above that: tell me what you think of it. I would love to hear some opinions and things I could improve my stories with. Thank you so much for reading! Catch you later!

-MS