Coming Home {79}

I recalled my time in Mexico with a smile on my face. My relationship with Ian has done nothing but grow in the time that we were here. The were still some questions I had for him but I was willing to put those questions on a hold. I was beginning to love Mexico and loved being here and not having to worry about anything.

My happy bubble was burst when on Saturday night Ian said, "The fourth of July is coming up which calls for the annual McKinley barbeque. Come with me"

"Yeah sure" I stated automatically

"Alright I will call my pilot."

My head shot up from the beach blanket I was laying on. I sat up on the sand and looked up at him, "Call pilots? We are leaving?"

"Yes. July fourth is this Monday" I thought about the dates and realized he was right.

"Where did the time go?" I wondered out loud

"I don't know. It so easy to forget everything when I'm with you."

I got up and dusted the sand of my white bikini, "Me too. I don't want to leave"

He came towards me, "I don't want to leave either. I would love to just stay here with you but we can't"

I dramatically groaned and felt him tease the skin above my butt. Ian was a complete ass guy. He always found a reason to touch it or grab it and I never complained when he did. We went back into the house and I went into our room to start packing. I heard him on the phone talking quickly to someone.

"My jet will be taking us at noon tomorrow".

"You have a private jet?"

"Yes. I have 5."

"So then why did you make me book plane tickets?" I stuffed more clothes into the suitcase that I was packing.

"I was out of options. Thoughts of me, you and Valentina in the same plane would be to much tension. Individual flights would cause drama and just waste money. Public transportation was the only option"

"Hmm. Smart" while packing up my suitcase I found the sleeping pills, "These were a blessing. Thanks for them"

"It was the least I could do. Do you need anything else for the flight?"

I shook the pills in his hand, "Nope. This will get the job done"

We spent the rest of the day packing up our things and by the time we were done, the sun was gone and it was completely dark outside.

We went outside to admire the silence and the beach one more time. It was very dark outside but the moon shone down onto the water. Ian twirled my curls in his hand and said, "This is our last night in Mexico"

"I know" I sighed onto him, "I'm going to miss this. Waking up late. Relaxing. Riding horses. Going on yachts. Hot air balloons"

"We can still have that in Chicago."

"Sure"

A part of me knew that when we got home, we would never have what we have in Mexico. I was still hopeful for things not to change but I knew it would.

We walked around the beach a couple of times till we had to leave since our skin started to prune up. We threw some clothes on and ordered some food deciding to stay in that night.

"You were an only child right?" Ian questioned

"Yeah I was"

"How was it? I always wondered how being an only child is"

I placed my food down and turned to him, "It has its ups and downs"

"Tell me about the ups"

"Well I was automatically the number one priority in the house. Didn't have to share anything" I said with a smile on my face at the happy memories of being an only child.