09 -1x16

AN: That is the dress she's wearing in this chapter except its like modern version of that dress, of course. So, like shorter and things on her arms aren't there.

It had been a week since Damon killed Alaric and he came back to life. Damon wasn't talking to Stefan but Damon did talk to Eira. He felt bad that she had to witness someone dying. He didn't want that. He, even apologized. And, Eira of course forgave him.

"Eira, wake up," Stefan shook her awake.

She grumbled but opened her eyes. "What do you want?"

"What are you talking about? It's your first day at school," Stefan smiled and opened the curtains, letting the light shine in.

Eira squinted her eyes until they adjusted. "So get ready. We'll leave in an hour," Stefan said then left her room, closing the door in the process.

Eira grumbled, but got up. She shivered from being out of the warm covers. She already disliked school and it hadn't even started yet. She went in the bathroom and took a shower and then she got dressed into a silver gray, airy dress that's length went to just below the middle of her thighs. She brushed through her white, golden hair, and she had to admit the color was starting to grow on her.

Eira slowly walked down the stairs, still half asleep. When she got down there, Stefan was waiting for her. "You're so slow."

"I am not. It's early morning. I'm tired," Eira explained.

"Just, come on," Stefan pulled her along, out the front door.

"How are we getting there? I've never seen you drive," Eira asked.

Stefan was smiling as Eira looked up at him. "I'm going to use my vampire speed to get us there."

Eira smiled in delight. She was ecstatic. She gasped and said gleefully,"Really?"

"Yes, now come here," Stefan said and she walked closer so Stefan could grab a hold of her. He held onto her by her arms and then he vamp sped away.

Eira couldn't see a thing and her hair got blown hair everywhere but she didn't care. She was smiling the whole time and she even laughed. It was so exhilarating to her. When they stopped, Eira stepped and stumbled a bit as she was a little dizzy.

Stefan steadied her as she said,"Wow. That was so cool."

Eira's eyes were lit ablaze in joy. That was the most fun thing she had done since she woke up from her coffin. "That was so fun."

Stefan laughed at her as they walked to the entrance of the school. "I've never seen someone so happy about vampire speed."

"I don't know how you see where you're going, though," Eira said.

"We have better eyesight so we can see," Stefan explained as they entered the school.

The people in the hallways immediately looked at Eira. She was new, after all. The guys stared at Eira in amazement and some of them whistled. The girls gave Eira distasteful looks because of it. Eira had seen the same look on the bartender as she was seeing from the guys in the hallway. She still didn't understand the looks and she didn't get why she was looked at by the girls so hatefully.

Stefan walked closer to Eira and he grabbed her hand, glaring at all the guys, being a protective older brother. But, Eira had no clue. "What are you doing?"

"It'll send a message," Stefan said vaguely.

"Like what?" Eira questioned.

"That you're off limits," Stefan said protectively.

Eira gave up trying to figure out what he was doing and just went with it. The guys' stares went to their hands and then they frowned and looked away. Stefan just smiled in triumph.

They met Elena at her locker and Stefan let go of Eira's hand. "I see you've attracted the attention of the school," Elena said.

Stefan grumbled and said something before she could,"Yeah, it's awful."

Elena laughed. Eira was confused as ever. "I'm confused. What is so bad?"

Elena looked at Stefan, teasingly. Then she looked at Eira and said,"See that guy over there. Just smile at him."

Eira hesitantly looked over to where Elena was pointing. She saw a boy staring at her and he was surrounded by a group of guys. She looked at Elena, then looked at the boy and shyly, smiled at him. He smiled back immediately and then started talking to his group of friends like he had the greatest story to tell.

"What was so important about that?" Eira asked.

"All the boys are like that boy. They like you, Eira," Elena explained.

Eira caught on to what she was saying, "They like, like me?"

"Yes," Elena said. Eira looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

"But, why? Aren't we supposed to introduce ourselves first before we like someone?" Eira questioned, totally clueless.

"Because you're pretty, Eira. And, guys today will like someone just based on that," Elena said.

"And, I hate that," Stefan brooded.

___________

Author's Note: So, this is how I ended this chapter. I wanted to get something up so I can hurry and get to the next episode because it's an important one. Also, it would be important to remember the conversation Eira eavesdropped on between Stefan and Damon in chapter 5. Just have it in mind. And as always thanks for reading.

P.S. Daenerys is queen.