vii.

a few years from now i'll remember our nights watching television and sharing the same emotions as our favourite shows rolled before our wondrous eyes.

i'll remember the time we spent by the pool, the sunlight warming delicately our skin. i'll remember you always turning red like a lobster, and i always turning an acceptable tone of brown. i'll remember you envying my ability to tan nicely, but really, you have nothing to envy me about.

a few years from now i'll remember our endless talks after having a delicious dinner prepared by you, oh so ever often on sunday evenings. we would talk about you, about me, about our past and our future, about the people we love and despise. you don't understand how i live for those discussions.

a few years from now i'll remember you being angry at me for all the right reasons, and that for a few days. i'll remember hating the fights, hating the feeling of being a failure. i'll remember you forgiving me, all the time, and embracing me before i could cry again.

a few years from now i'll be off to someplace away from here, from home. and as i'll be on my own, after you'll have given me the best of you, the best you could do, i'll remember all of these things, all of these small pieces of you that shine in my head and my heart. i'll cherish these fragments, and i'll never forget that you are the reason why i am here today, a few years from this future. you are you, and i will never forget that.

i love you, mom.