Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Sam

"So, you and Xander finally did the frickle frackle, eh?" Adriana said with a grin on her face, wiggling her eyebrows. I blushed and looked at the ground playing with the hem of Xander's shirt.

"Um, y-yes" I answered her shyly, feeling my face heat up even more.

She gave me a grin and gave me a pat on the back.

"Wow, who knew that the shy, little Sam actually did the deed with her mate. I feel like a proud mother." She said, wiping an imaginary tear away with a dramatic sigh.

I kept my gaze on the floor, not knowing what to do.

After mine and Xander's little moment in his office, I went to the living room to watch some shows on the television only to find Liam and Adriana sitting on a couch and talking, not giving a care about what's going on around them.

Liam's head snapped in my direction as soon as he heard my footsteps. He sniffed the air and gave me a big grin and started wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

"So, you and Xander huh?" Liam said in a teasing tone.

I blushed and looked away. I heard Xander's footsteps heading down the stairs before I felt him snake his arms around my waist and kissing my mark, making me shiver and my wolf to purr in delight.

I turned my head to get a good look at Xander but found it difficult because he had his face in the crook of my neck. He started trailing kisses up my neck, to my jaw, the corner of my lips, my left cheek, and finally my lips.

He captured my lips in a sweet kiss. I kissed him back, feeling my wolf howl loudly in the back of my mind. I felt him smile against my lips before licking my bottom lip and asking for entrance.

I was about to let him in when I suddenly heard a cough behind me. I pulled away and looked at Liam and Adriana to see them looking at us with an amused expression on their faces.

I blushed and turned my head to the side, not knowing what to say. I heard Xander clearing his throat before speaking.

"What brings you here Liam, and Adriana?" Xander asked in a firm and authoritative tone.

"Alpha," I can hear the amusement in his voice.

"I came here to drop off Adriana and to talk about the plans about the upcoming war with Blake, but if you're too busy I can come back another day," he said in a tone as if he was holding back his laughter.

"Of course. We can talk about that with Blake in the pack house. We also need to prepare for my brothers' arrival in a few days." Xander said.

Xander turned towards me and gave me a peck on my lips, making my face heat up even more and Adriana to laugh.

"I have to go, but I will see you in a few hours," Xander said before giving me a hug and leaving our house with Liam in tow.

"So, what do you want to do? Oh! Can we go out for a run? I have to let my wolf out since she's getting a bit restless," Adriana said in a pleading tone.

I looked at her hesitantly.

"Uh, I don't know. We have to ask Xander first before going out for a run," I told her.

"Oh come on! I'm sure your mate won't mind. We will only be gone for an hour and a half just to let our wolves out." She said.

Now that she mentioned it, I can feel my wolf pacing back and forth restlessly in the back of my mind. She wants to be let out, has the feeling of the wind blowing through her fur, and the feeling of freedom. But, she doesn't want to upset Xander, so she's not sure if running is a good idea.

"Uh, I don't know," I told Adriana, feeling unsure.

"Oh come on, what's the worse that can happen? We'll only be running around the territory so we should be safe. And plus, aren't there guards guarding the area?" She said. She does have a good point, but I'm still not sure.

"I-I don't know," I said.

"Fine then. Be a party pooper. Your wolf will just have to feel restless in the back of your mind while waiting for her mate to let her out. I'm sure she would love to feel the wind through her fur as she runs in the territory." Adriana said, crossing her arms.

"But if you really don't want to then fine," she said shrugging.

'Sam, please let me out' my wolf whined.

'Are you sure that's a good idea?' I asked my wolf.

'I don't want to upset our mate, but I really want to be let out.' my wolf answered.

I looked at Adriana, feeling hesitant as I stood up and went to her side.

"Um, my wolf would like to go on a run so—" I was cut off by Adriana squealing and hugging me.

"Yay! Now, let's go let our wolves out," She said in an excited voice before dragging me out the door and into the edge of the forest.

I went behind a tree and stripped out of my clothes, folding them neatly beside the tree and shifting into my gray wolf. I walked by the edge of the forest and waited for Adriana. I saw a light blonde wolf, a few inches shorter than my wolf, walking my way. I smelled Adriana's scent in the light blonde wolf, so that must be Adriana.

My wolf took off in the forest, loving the feeling of freedom that she's feeling right now. She let out a howl of happiness before running around and sniffing the ground. She saw a rabbit beside a tree.

My wolf crouched down and bared her canines at the harmless rabbit before pouncing. She sank her teeth into the rabbit's stomach and ripped off the flesh causing blood to start oozing out of the rabbit. My wolf split the rabbit in half before eating the stomach of the dead rabbit.

My wolf continued to run after consuming the rabbit. We could smell Adriana's wolf running behind us. We ran and ran for hours, losing track of time. We saw the sun starting to set and made our way back to the house. As we were walking through the forest, the smell of rogues hit my wolf like a tidal wave making her let out a warning growl. Adriana soon picked up on the presence and started to growl in warning too.

About fifteen rogues came out of the shadows in the darkening forest. Some of them are in their human form, and some of them in their wolf form. A big man was in the middle of two big wolves. He walked towards me and Adriana, making us take a step back.

The man smirked and stayed where he was standing.

"Well, look at what we found, boys. An Alpha's mate, and a beta's mate. Perfect, don't you think?" he said with a smug smile on his face.

My wolf bared her canines at the unknown man, crouched low in an attacking position with her ears pressed against her head and let out a loud growl.

"Calm down, puppy," the man said, making my wolf more irritated.

I felt uneasy. I want to mind-link Xander and ask for help, but I don't want to bother him since he needs to focus on the upcoming war. I also didn't want him to get mad at me, but I know that he will be once he finds out that I and Adriana went out of the house without his permission.

"I just need the Alpha's mate and we'll be on our way," the man said taking a step closer to me. My wolf snapped her teeth at the man and attacked him making him take a step back and push my wolf against a tree, making her whimper.

"You b*tch!" the man shouted before shifting into a black wolf and running in my direction. I looked around and saw Adriana surrounded by the other rogues.

I felt an impact on my side, making me fall to the ground with a loud thud. I looked up to see the black wolf looking at me with a glint in his eyes before pouncing in the air and landing a foot away from me.

_______________________________________________________________