5

Chapter 5

|| Ryland ||

Ezra flashes me a smile through his catchers mask before signing the number two with his fingers indicating me to throw a fastball. I get the grip on the ball before tucking my hand in my glove then stepping up to the mound. I wind up to throw. There's a sudden sneeze, causing me to let go of the ball early. My eyes travel up to where Peightyn Rogers and Blondie sits, the two girls giggling.

The ball I've pitched soars through mid air, far up and over Ezra's head. I'm telling you, Ezra's a beast behind the plate and when I say he couldn't catch that ball, you as the pitcher probably did something horribly wrong. Ezra jogs to the backstop to get the ball then asks the umpire for a time out.

Shit.

He runs up to me at the mound and pulls off his catchers mask, revealing that disaster at the top of his head and drops of sweat roll down the side of his forehead.

"What the hell is up with you, bro?!" Ezra whisper yells, smacking me on the shoulder with the back of his hand. "I've never had to have a meeting with you at the mound."

"I know, I know. I got this Ez."

"Fucking damn right, you got this. Get your head in the game, asshole." He smiles, pressing his index finger into my forehead.

I laugh. "You got it, dumbass." I shove his shoulder as he hustles back to his position, throwing his mask over his head.

The next few innings, I pitch a no-hitter and our team, once again, comes around to beat the crap out of the other team. We scored 12 and they scored 5. Our school's Varsity baseball team was just plain fire this year. We're the Wolves for crying out loud, we don't loose.

"Alright boys! Anotha great game! Everyone acted great! Remember the colleges are still watching, so don't be stupid until you leave." Coach Arnold acknowledges us as we pack up our things to leave.

I head towards the parking lot, when the most annoying, squeaky voice on the entire planet earth calls my name. I just wanted to choke on the sound of her voice.

"Great game, Ry!" Peightyn compliments.

I throw at her a fake smile. "Thanks, Peigh."

"There's a party going on at Ezra's. Were heading over there around 8, I'm guessing I'll see ya there?" Peightyn asks so hopeful.

All I can look at, though, is how dreaded and bored Everly looks.

"You betcha." I lazily state. "You going, Blondie?"

Blondie's head shoots up at the sound of her name then dresses her face with that fake smile. "Yeah, sure." She shrugs.

"Great. See you ladies later." I wink before running off to my car.

~

|| Everly ||

"Do I have to go, Peigh?" I whine in the passenger seat of Peightyn's black mustang.

"Hell ya. You just gunna let me go to a party alone?" My best friend sticks her bottom lips out.

"I always do."

"But Aries is gunna be there, Ev! You know how I feel about him." It was Peightyn's turn to whine, now.

"Yeah, yeah, we all know. You just like him because he's a popular, bad boy."

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes. "By the way, you're wearing my clothes to the party and I'm dressing you." She states, stopping at a red light then sending a smartass smile in my way. I just sink deeper into the seat of the car, mentally preparing myself for what Peightyn's going to turn me into tonight.

When we get home after the game, it's about six o' clock. Peightyn turns her TV on to Hulu, then clicks on Netflix and presses on Young And Hungry. We seriously binge watched this show in a week.

Peightyn changes herself into some high waisted white shorts that cut so low that there wasn't even a reason to wear shorts, that fringe at the bottom. She throws on a black crop top that says QUEEN on it in bold white lettering. Completing her look, she throws on her white high top converse that she always wore. There wasn't a day she could live without her shoes.

"Now, for you, my beautiful best friend." Peightyn hands me a folded pile of clothing. "I'll do my makeup while I wait for you."

Before I could deny anything, she pushes me into her bathroom to change. I lay the clothing out on the ground- yeah, i know. On the bathroom floor, ew- and examine the tiny pieces of clothing maybe the size fitting for toddlers.

I go through with this stupid idea anyways and slide the shirt over my head. It's a plain, soft pink crop top and then put on the tight fitting jean shorts that were a nice, dark denim blue. I slip on my sandals then walk out of the bathroom feeling way to revealing.

Peightyn looks at me from her vanity mirror, sliding her mascara wand along each and every one of her long lashes. She gasps at the sight of me. Attempting to pull down my shorts, she comes over and ties my hair in a bun. Just the way I like it.

"Ready, Ev?" She asks. I nod.

"As ready as I'll every be."

Peightyn and I hurry back into her Mustang and drive off to some oblivious house I've never been to. My hands shake as anxiety flushes through my bloodstream. I've never been to a party before- not that I ever wanted to go- and I wasn't looking forward to one bit of tonight. Although, car rides with Peightyn are fun as fuck. She cranks the fun, up beat, music up, Drake raps about something that has nothing to do with his chorus but we dance anyways.

"Like Controooooollaaaaa!" Peightyn sings over the loud music, the bass thumping the car so hard we might cause an earthquake.

"Them girl's, they just want to take my money! They don't want me to give you nothing. They don't wanna see me find your lovin'!" I attempt singing along with Drake in the radio but sound like a dying walrus instead.

"Haha, yes, Ev!" Peigh screams. "Girl's can be lit too!"

Controlla ends almost on cue as we turn into a packed driveway and park on the lawn. Peightyn just shrugs and is satisfied that, at least, we don't have to park down the block and walk in these painful shoes. Admit it, Converse hurt all of our feet but we wear them anyway.

My best friend and I get out of her car. We walk across the lawn feeling the vibration of the music coming from the house, my long, bare legs feel filled with millions of bees stinging me. Everything around me suddenly begins to shrink, my anxiety and claustrophobia acting up. They never give me a brake; they never let me live. Anxiety cuffs my hands behind my back and Claustrophobia ties me to a tree. They pin me down but I fight them away; they've allowed me to build up mental strength and I need to fight through the fog they build up.

Then, we enter the house and I break down.

I can't do this.
_______________________________

Well hello readers... didn't see ya there ;)

I'm actually really happy with those chapter! Hope y'all enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading. Please stay up to date, vote and comment! Don't be a ghost reader cuz I love when u guys vote and comment. It motivates me to write on top of my love for writing.

Please take a peak at my Authors Note at the beginning of the book! I just uploaded it October 1, 2016. It's about the cast I put!

I'm going to start updating on a schedule, now. It's going to be every Friday. So every Friday you'll read new chapters of The Tutor! I love you all and couldn't be happier with all my support.

But rn, it's Tuesday....

Eh, hehe

btw, Peightyn in pronounced Pay- tin like Peyton and her picture is at the top...<3

Have a beautiful day, my loves.

Buh-byeeeeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights