Shattered Light- XXXV

A/N:

THIS IS A CHAPTER RE-WRITE.

Per my last A/N, I have finally spilt the last chapter (which was two chapters I had decided to post as one) into now two separate updates. I rewrote the below as well since I had rushed through it. The next chapter (never published) is almost done and will be posted next Friday.

As for why I haven't updated; I'm going through some hard times in my life right now, I apologize for the lack of updates because of this. Things are just extremely hectic, and as much as I love writing on Wattpad; I get bad writer's block. With my 150k word novel it's nowhere near as noticed as similar length ones.... it's just extremely hard to get my fingers back to typing; especially knowing it won't help pay the bills. I am extraordinarily appreciated of all the support and love though I have received, please don't get me wrong. It's just hard to find the time and motivation to keep writing when for the most part this story is lost in the back pages of this huge site. I get very discouraged with what is on the front page; I suppose it makes me feel this is the wrong place for my story.

But now that fall and winter are here, it's going to be easier for me to settle in; hopefully I should be able to get back into an acceptable rhythm.

On a very happy note, I married the man of my dreams. He has been my rock and foundation and has helped me (unknowingly) write into words the depths of complicated feelings of love and sacrifice; because he's shown me those very things.

I don't know how comfortable he would be with his photo out there for a bunch of online friends but here is a photo of my sister and I. She was trying hard not to cry haha.

I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter as well as the last two that I re-wrote a good bit

Again, the next/new chapter is being edited and will be posted next Friday, guaranteed (unless the world ends).

Thank you for your patience and understanding. And to the many messages I have received, I apologize if I never got back to you. I get many messages from readers who can relate to Alys or Hayden- (more than I would have ever thought), that the sure volume of them makes it extremely hard to get back to. I am thankful though that for those who have struggled with mental illness, this story has helped you in some way. It makes me happy to know that I have created a story that doesn't glorify or mislead people about mental illness, but instead shows its raw truth and how you have to fight to overcome the dangers of it; but you, the real you even If broken, are fine the way you are.

Keep on fighting my friends. I will, if you will.

.

.

HAYDEN

My phone buzzed. A few weeks earlier Randal and I had went to Radio Shack and bought a simple security system to hook up to our iPhones. I ground my jaw now, staring at the chime. Randal's phone must have got it too, an unknown email popped up on my screen through a hidden message ap. Upon my phones foreseen investigation, it was already programed to delete itself.