Chapter 29: Protector

It's been 3 days since we were official and I couldn't be more happier. I told Hailey the next day at school and she was excited as well.

Ethan was great. Though it was only 3 days, it's like I've been with him forever. He was surprisingly sweet, funny and showered me with kisses.

We didn't tell Brian yet. I told Ethan it was best if we told him after he came back from Washington.

Today, I was walking alone to my class. Hailey didn't walk with me because she was feeling sick this morning. I planned to visit her after class.

When my class was over, I was about to walked out of my class but I saw Mike coming towards me. I tried to walk faster but he was faster.

"Linda", he touched my shoulder.

I turned around and yanked his hand away. "What do you want?", I hissed.

"I just want to apologize for what I did to you", he said genuinely.

I scoffed. "It was two weeks ago and you have the gut to say it now?"

"I know I should apologize earlier. I was a jerk and I promised it won't happen again", he said.

"Fine. You're forgiven. Now if you'll excuse me..."

"I want you back"

I widened my eyes, not believing what I just heard. "What?"

"I want us together again. I missed you", he said then tried to hug me but I stepped back. He looked at me confused.

"Sorry. But I can't"

"Why not?", he asked.

"You hurt me, Mike and I doubt that you won't do the same mistake", I said.

"No,no. I promised you I won't be like that anymore. I'll change for you", he begged.

"I'm sorry, but I can't", I said then walked away from me but he grabbed my wrist.

"Please, Linda. Give me a chance. I love you", he said but I shook my head.

He sighed then he slammed his lips to mine. I tried to pulled him away but he was stronger. He kissed me hungrily making my lips swollen.

"Please, Mike let me go", I said when he moved to my neck. But he didn't respond and kept kissing me.

"Mike, please", I started to cry but still no respond.

I tried to walk away while he was kissing me but he lifted my body and slammed it against the wall.

I couldn't take it anymore. I fought back pushing him away with my hands but then he grabbed my hands and placed it against the wall.

I used my leg this time and kicked him hard on the stomach making him winched in pain. It was my chance and I ran out of the class.

I didn't go to Hailey's but instead I ran home. I couldn't risk being seen by him.

I ran until I got to the apartment. I opened the front door with my shaking hands and closed it behind me and slump down on the floor catching my breath.

"Hey, you're home", I heard Ethan's voice in the living room. Shit. Why I always forgot he always home?

I filled my lungs with air before answering him. "Yeah", my voice sounded weird.

"Are you OK?", he asked worried and I heard him standing up from the couch. What should I do?

I got up and went inside the kitchen to have some water. He went in too when I was filling the glass full.