Chapter 23 - The Truth Always Sucks

Me - DID I HEAR SOMEONE SAY PARTY?
The crowd - PARTY!!
Me - We're just getting started! Wanna take it from the top, you know I will. Now everybody let's chill!

Okay, ignore that. That's just a song lyric I was singing and was stuck in my mind like Fevicol and I had to get that out.

Hope you like this chap!

After mourning over my misfortune of betraying my BFF for around an hour, I decided that it was time for some action and truth now, which unfortunately involved me getting up from this sofa which isn't exactly comfy, but good enough for me to sleep without a backache.

I had formulated a bulletproof plan which was sure to work out. At least, I hoped so.

The first step of this awesome plan was to wake Asher up which I was able to do with the help of some water and a bucket, I mean a bucket of water. Seriously, I can't think straight right now.

The sudden contact between Asher's nicely shaped body and the ice cold water jerked him awake. He seemed surprised to find himself in his house at first, then later more surprised to see me inside his house.

First step completed. Second step - get the truth out of him.

Wondering what the third step is? It's to get the fuck out of here.

"What the fuck is happening? Ouch." He spoke the last part whilst massaging his head. Ah, he's having a hangover. And Gods, they're painful.

"Jess...could you get me some Tylenol? It's right there in that drawer." He pointed to a drawer, in the TV stand.

I ignored him and sat on the sofa.

Alright, I knew it was kinda harsh of me to leave and ignore someone in pain but hey, he cheated on my bestie with me.

That sounded so wrong. I mean, that line made me look like the bad person here.

"Jess, not now. Seriously, this ignoring game does not interest me or my headache." He muttered, loud enough for me to hear.

I managed to see him in pain for a few more microseconds before my angelic side, and yes I do have one, could no longer control itself and I got him some Tylenol.

He swallowed the tablet without any water and looked at me confused. I stared right back at him, making sure that my expression remained emotionless.

"What do you remember about our last encounter?" I asked in the most authoritative voice I could possibly produce, sort of like Nick Fury's voice.

"Jess...my mind's too fuzzy and it's paining too much," he said as he groaned. "I can't think now."

"Neither can I." I muttered, staring at him with a look that clearly said 'you've done something you shouldn't have'.

"What? Did I do something now?" He spoke, massaging his head some more. Great, he understood my look.

I ignore his question and patiently waited for his headache to go away.

After ten minutes of silence, I heard him say -

"Oh fuck." I raised an eyebrow at his statement.

"I remember every little shit now." He muttered, not meeting my eyes.

"Glad you do," I said.