12. Confession

Manager Kang carefully opened the door, Jimin silently trailing behind him with heavy footsteps

Manager Kang carefully opened the door, Jimin silently trailing behind him with heavy footsteps. Lights flashed outside, numerous reporters and journalists, throwing questions towards the actor, asking why he was wandering the mall alone.

As Jimin took the universal remote and pressed a button, all the lights in the room turning on, Manager Kang scaled the area and pulled down all the windows' blinds, blocking out all the flashing lights.

Jimin pulled off his hoodie, tossing it to the sofa, exposing his checkered long sleeve polo, and walked to the kitchen to grab a can of soda. Once he came out and opened it, he paused when he felt Manager Kang's burning stare. "What?"

"Don't you what me, Park Jimin," Manager Kang scolded as he tapped his foot, eyes glued to the back of Jimin's head. "This is the third time you've snuck out this week."

Jimin pulled out a chair and sat, placing both of his feet on the glass dining table, carefully sipping the soda. He raised an eyebrow, an action he knew Manager Kang didn't like. "And?"

"You can't keep doing that, Jimin," Manager Kang was steaming, yet he still contained his composure, since even attempting to hit the singer would cost him his job. "You were mobbed today. What if you get kidnapped next time?"

"Maybe if you'd let me out of this prison once in a while, then I wouldn't even think of sneaking out," Jimin said sarcastically, taking an apple from the glass bowl of fruits and biting into it harshly. He wasn't the type to get angry, but when it comes to situations like this, he knew exactly what to do.

Manager Kang finally snapped, so he stonped towards Jimin, bending downards to make eye contact the singer, who was giving him a smug look while noisily chewing the apple.

"Jimin, you're an internationally known star with millions of fans all over the globe, we can't just let you out from time to time. The media will watch your every move, which can lead to a scandal. Antis might even kidnap you and ask for ransom, you know the management can't pay for it, if ever that happens!"

"Is that all I am to you?," Jimin adjusted his position, crossing his arms, eyebrows raised and head tilted slightly to the side, his orange bangs swaying to the side as he did. "A source of money?"

Manager Kang took deep breaths, calming down, and stepped backwards, an obviously fake look of sympathy on his face. "Jimin... don't misunderstand. You're like a son to me."

Bullshit. That's what you require me to say in every interview.

Jimin looked away, staring at the blue and white painting on the wall across him, which was a gift from a friend. He just stared at in silence, not wanting to see the face of his manager, wondering if everything would have been different if he chose a different path for his life.