Into motion

After a while of standing around like an idiot, Maya walks to Josh. "I want to go home."

"But we just got here. What's wrong?"Josh puts his hand on her cheek.

She moves quickly and starts to walk away.  Josh sighs and follows her.

"You is what's wrong. Aaron made a point to me. Do you like me because of me? Or is it because someone else likes me that it makes you jealous so you have to take me away? Do you not want me to be happy?" She stops to look at him.

Josh frowns. "I can't believe you would think that."

"Well you're very suspicious. The fact that one minute you confess your feelings to me and the next your with Mariah again."

"It's complicated, Maya."He mumbles.

"How so? Playing with someone else's feelings isn't okay."She snaps.

"But yet your doing the same thing to poor Aaron right?"He rolls his eyes.

Maya silences and looks down. "I didn't mean to. You meant to. There's a difference."

"I only dated Mariah so that my brother would think that I didn't like you."

"Why? That's stupid."Maya looks at him dumb founded.

"He started having suspicions.I couldn't let him think that."He admits.

"So you're embarrassed to be with me?"She scoffs.

"Well...Maya, you're three years younger than me, you're a kid."

"Kid or not,three years younger or not, feelings are what matter. But yeah you're right, I'm just a kid. A kid that you took to homecoming. A kid you confessed your feelings for not too long ago."She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

Josh frowns. "I don't want to disappoint Corey."

"Okay, I understand. Just take me home." She whispers as they get into the car.

Josh starts it up and looks at Maya. "It's hard for me too you know? I have strong feelings for you but I have to pull back."

"You don't have to explain. Just exposing that you're embarrassed was the icing on the cake."She mumbles.

"Aaron seems like a good kid. I think you should see him."Josh frowns.

Maya notices his reaction and holds his hand. "Can you just promise something?"

"Promise what?"Josh's voice cracks from nervousness.

"That when I'm 18, you take me on a date."Maya chuckles.

"You've got yourself a deal."Josh smiles and looks at her.

Suddenly big blurry lights appear ahead.

Josh quickly looks back to the road, eyes wide, trying to turn as fast as he can.

A hard hit sends them into shock.

And the last thing heard was Maya scream before the car tumbled.