Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I set down my pen after all the notes I had made, researching about anyone who was famous was so easy now. Gossip and scandals were all available online. Rubbing my neck because of the strain I felt sitting hunched over my laptop, felt worth it. I stare at our competitor and so-called 'rival', she was a year or two younger than me but Oh boy did she have brains beyond her age.

"Vesa Sterling, Who is that gorgeous lady?"

I look over my back to see Jake bending over my shoulder looking at my laptop, Boys just don't get privacy, don't they?

" A competitor, and possibly a future partner."

"So she's the reason, you skipped lunch and have been on the computer all day. Clearly, you need someone to take care of you or you might end up in the hospital soon." He brings out a cup of tea and a sandwich and keeps it on my table.

"Jake, I don't need-"

"Shush, eat it right now. You can take a ten-minute break, starting now."

I gave in to the argument and take a bite of the sandwich, which only made me realise how hungry I actually was, my tummy growled with happiness. The last time someone took care of me, it was Brian meaning, it was a pretty long time ago.

"Thank you so much for that, I didn't realise how much I needed that right now. I appreciate it really."

He smiles and leans closer, brushing a strand of hair away. "We take care of the people we are close to don't we?"

I spun around to face my computer, he didn't have any right to say such things.

"Well, then seems like I need to get closer to more people."

I continue typing away when I feel in fingers on my shoulders, giving me a squeeze. "You are so stressed out and working all the time when was the last time anyone took care of you?" His fingers reached the nape of my neck and he began massaging me, I honestly loved the feeling of tension being released I almost could doze off.

"Any girl or any....boy in particular?" he says out in a whisper.

That's when I snapped out of it, I push his hands away from me and smirk. "I learnt to take care of my own self, after having my trust broke once. Lesson learnt I would say."

He stood quiet, I touched a topic that affected the both of us. The very reason us being so distant from each other unknowingly.

"Anna, listen to me I-"

"I am kinda busy right now, talk to you later. Okay."

That must have sent him the message as, he quietly muttered an okay, took away the dishes and left. Now that he was gone, I brought back my focus on my work. Vesa freaking Sterling.

Was she gonna even come? Does she even have the slightest intentions for tomorrow night's party? Well, there is only one way to find out....

I pick up my landline and dial in the number, two rings later they pick up and I get to hear the sweetest voice in the world.

"Vesa Sterling's office, How may I help you?"

"Babe, I need to know if she is coming tomorrow. It's important to please, don't tell me you don't know."

"Anna...What the actual fuck? You call her fucking office...That too her private office number. Are seriously insane bitch?"