Photographs

"Ok, this is so going to Twitter. And snapchat. Instagram too?" There is a pause. "Instagram too."

"Aaliyah, what are you doing?" Shawn asks sleepily, shifting a bit beside me. He still had his arms around me, and it was one of the best feelings ever. I had missed this.

"Showing the world that Shawndie is very much alive."

I open my eyes, and take some moments to remember everything. Right, so I arrived in Pickering, and I was tired. Shawn took me to his room and I asked him to stay, so I fell asleep on his arms. But I still wasn't catching up on their conversation.

"Aaaaaand... It's done. You're welcome." Aaliyah says looking up from her phone, which she was holding in her hands.

"What is going on?" I manage to say, still feeling a bit drowsy. Shawn glares at his sister, who simply looks back at him with an equally daring look.

"My very sweet sister just took a picture of us sleeping, and posted it." He says in a mock matter of fact way. Oh, that's just great. A picture of sleeping Sadie everywhere. What a pleasant sight.

In a swift movement, Shawn is off the bed, chasing his sister around the room. She runs and ducks every time he lunges for her, managing to escape his grasp. I laugh at this scene, and stand up following them, as they chase each other down the hall and down the stairs.

"You'll never catch me!" Aaliyah shouts as she once again ducked under Shawn's arms and went running away, positioning herself behind the couch so that there was a piece of furniture between herself and Shawn.

"Just watch me. Sadie, get the phone ready to record our revenge!" Shawn says handing me his phone, without taking his eyes from his sister, and I do as I was told. I start recording just in time to capture Shawn tricking his sister by pretending he was going to one side but going to another, and then picking her up and hanging her over his shoulders.

Aaliyah shouts as she kicks her legs to get free but Shawn holds on tight, and everyone is laughing. I hadn't have had such a good laugh in ages. My cheeks even ached with laughing and smiling so much.

"So, learned your lesson?" Shawn finally asks, and Aaliyah huffs, crossing her arms even if she was hanging upside down.

"Yeah, sure, I did. Now put me down?" She asks, and laughing, Shawn obeys. I hand the phone back to a beaming red faced Shawn, who smiles wider as he turns to me, and gestures me to sit next to him on the couch. The three of us glue our heads together to watch the video, making us laugh all over again. He then posts it, and captions:

When your sister posts all over the internet a pic of you and your gf taking a nap @SadieSalvay48 @aaliyahmendess

"What about we see the photo that started all of this? I want to see a sleeping Sadie." Shawn says as he opens Aaliyah's page, making me roll my eyes. As the photo loads, he puts his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. This type of contact still managed to make my heart skip and accelerate drastically.

The picture finally loads, and I study the picture that Aaliyah took, Shawn and I hugging each other with our lips slightly parted. Shawn of course managed to look cute like that. But me? I had no words to describe how bad I looked.

"Aw, you're so cute sleeping." Shawn says, and I chuckle, my cheeks flushing.

"You are obviously blind. The only one cute in this picture is you." Shawn shakes his head, his expression saying "I can't believe you".

"What is going on? I am in my bedroom when suddenly I hear elephants stomping down the corridor and people shouting." Mrs. Mendes says as she walks into the living room.