Chapter 47

I made a small sound of surprise, stumbling away from the boy as the lynx leapt into the tent, catching the attention of everyone but two people.

Myself.

And him.

He followed after me as I scrambled through chairs and tables, knocking them over after I passed in an attempt to slow him dow. But his pace remained steady and quick, and before I could have my wand properly directed me at him I was pinned against one of the support beams of the tent, his wand digging into my ribs and forcing me to drop my own. I could hear people yelling now as Death Eaters crashed through the tent, setting things aflame. But the boy remained still, keeping us locked to the tent as he stared at me.

"You're a fool." He said, gritting his teeth as I pressed my hands against his chest, pushing him back roughly. I was surprised by his words but ignored them, focused on getting away- On getting to Sirius, or Remus and anyone else who I knew. With enough room I pulled my hand back, managing to hit him roughly in the face. He faltered, but only for a moment before he slammed me back harder, and a sound of desperation left my throat. I did not want to die. But then he did something that surprised me. With his wand still digging into my ribs he carefully lent down, picking my wand off the ground and shoving it into my hands.

"Get out of here. You understand?"

I nodded jerkily, my wrists throbbing from where he had gripped them.  I stared with wide eyes as he turned to leave, wand gripped tightly in his hand.

"Why?" Was all I managed to choke out. He glanced over at me with a small smirk, eyes dark.

"Favor for a friend. Now get out of here- before I change my mind."

I didn't need a second warning. I dashed to the right, running straight for the crowd of fighting people. I could hear names being called over the racket, and desperately I listened for one I might recognize. Finally I latched onto Remus's name, following the sound of whoever had uttered it. It ended up being Sirius to my relief, who was stuck in a swarm of running people. When he saw me his eyes widened, and he made several quick gestures towards the exit of the tent. Without hesitating I nodded, both of us taking our separate routes to get there.

He grabbed me by the shoulders pulling me roughly to the side and out of the tent when another voice grabbed my attention, much higher and much more desperate than Sirius's had been. I whirled around, watching with my wide eyes as my little brother tried to pull away from a Death Eater, yelling loudly. Neither Remus or Tonks was anywhere to be found.

"Lily, you can't-" Sirius moved to grab my arm but instead I grabbed his wand, knowing that the magic wouldn't be restricted on it. I charged forward with all the rage of a mad woman, stopping only a foot or so a way to point my wand at my brother's captor.

Stupefy!" I yelled loudly, watching as the red light shot out of the wand, past my brother and hit the Death Eater in question. He fell back without another word, and quickly I scooped my brother up into my arms, trying not to mind his weight as I jogged back to Sirius, wincing when the straps of my heels dug into my flesh.

"You reckless child- Thank Merlin." Sirius breathed as I handed him back my wand. Caiden had started crying, calling for Remus. I did the next best thing and passed him to Sirius, who held him tightly as he lead the two of us out of the tent. He grabbed my hand firmly, tugging me out of the destruction zone before he apparated all three of us. We arrived directly into the hallway of Grimmauld Place, and it was a mess.

Order members ran all over the place, some talking furiously while others left just as fast as they had come in. As we stepped forward two more pops came from behind us, and we turned to see Remus and Tonks standing there, both looking winded. When Remus saw Caiden he looked as if he could cry from relief, lunging forward and taking the small boy into his arms protectively.