Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Sam

The black wolf took a step closer to me looking menacingly. My wolf stood up and growled lowly in her throat, trying to warn away the black wolf, but the black wolf didn't even flinch at the sound of my wolf's growl. The black wolf crouched down and prepared to attack, my wolf doing the same and waiting for the black wolf's attack.

The black wolf jumped and tried to scratch my wolf's stomach, but my wolf managed to get away just in time. My wolf snapped her teeth at the enemy before biting into the black wolf's shoulder hard.

I could hear the cracking of the bones as my wolf bit hard enough to damage the black wolf, making him whine in pain. The black wolf kicked my wolf's stomach hard enough to send her flying against a tree and landing on her side.

The black wolf let out a loud growl and started limping my way. My wolf stood back up and ran towards the black wolf and tried to bite his neck, but the black wolf was able to scratch my wolf's stomach making blood to start oozing out of the open wound.

My wolf whined in pain and attempted to get back up, but her attempts were futile because of the wound on her stomach. She looked down at the wound saw the flesh split in half with blood spilling like a waterfall at the sides, soaking her fur in crimson color. We heard footsteps heading our way, making my wolf snap her attention back to the black wolf.

She growled lowly in her throat and tried to seem threatening but the black wolf just gave her a menacing look before crouching down and got ready to attack. My wolf watched and waited for the impact of the attack when suddenly a big gray wolf jumped from behind her and attacked the black wolf.

We looked at the gray wolf and instantly recognized our mate's scent making me and my wolf to feel relieved, yet nervous at the same time. Liam and Blake's wolf soon followed after Xander and attacked the rogues surrounding Adriana. More wolves joined Liam and Blake in fighting off the rogues.

Growls could be heard from the wolves surrounding me. The snapping of teeth, howls of pain, the sight of flesh being torn open, and the smell of blood surrounded the area, making me feel dizzy.

I tried to sit up, but the wound on my stomach made it impossible. A man in a doctor's suit carrying a bag in his hand made his way over to me and put some bandages on my stomach, applying pressure to the wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

The man wrapped bandages around my stomach and told me to shift back to my human form. I shook my head 'no' because I don't have any clothes with me. The man seemed to understand what I wanted and got out a big shirt from the bag and gave it to me.

I limped behind a tree and shifted back to my human form, flinching from the pain that it caused me. I quickly put on the big shirt and the smell of my mate's scent hit my nose, making my wolf purr in delight.

I made my way back to the man and looked at the scene in front of me. The bodies of the dead rogues laid on the ground shifted back to their human form. The only wolves fighting are Xander and the black wolf. The black wolf was severely wounded with a giant gash on his stomach, blood coming out like a waterfall. He looked exhausted, but Xander's wolf looked like he was having fun tearing the black wolf to pieces, and killing him slowly.

After a few minutes of fighting, Xander's wolf started to look bored, so he bit the black wolf's neck and tore his head off, instantly killing the black wolf with his eyes open and blood pouring out of his body, which was a few feet away from his head.

Xander looked around the area to make sure that thee are no more rogues hiding before his head snapped in my direction. The look in his eyes made me flinch and look at the ground. I felt him coming closer before I heard the snapping of bones, letting me know that he's shifting back to his human form. I felt his fingers go under my chin, making me look at his face.

He looked worried and angry at the same time. He was assessing my body to make sure that I don't have any more wounds other than the one on my stomach. He placed a hand on my stomach gently, making me hiss in pain. He took off his hand and looked at me apologetically before his expression turned blank.

I looked around and saw Liam assessing Adriana the same way Xander did to me to make sure that she's not hurt. She didn't seem hurt in any way so that's a relief. Liam and Adriana seemed to be having an argument before Liam scooped her in his arms and started heading our way.

Xander cleared his throat making me look at him. His face is void of any emotion.

"Samantha, come back with me to the house. Now," he said before walking in the direction of the house. I followed closely behind him, not wanting to anger him.

I can hear Liam, Adriana, and Blake following behind us. I just sighed quietly to myself and prepared myself for what's about to come.

______________________________________________________________________