Chapter 11- Be My Girl??

This chapter is dedicated to anyone who mentioned Rodney in their comment. ;) ;)

******************************************

Keyanna POV

The day after Rodney's funeral, I woke up earlier than usual. I got up to check on Kimberly. She had felt a little better last night,  but I was still worried about her. I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided text Denzel.

* TEXT CONVO *

Keyanna: Denzel........

Denzel: What's wrong? Are y'all okay?

Keyanna: Yep, we're okay. I can't sleep tho

Denzel: -_-  Did you really wake me up 'cause you couldn't sleep? You got me over here worried for no reason.. Do you know what time it is?

Keyanna: 5:30

Denzel: Exactly... I'm sorry but yoyo

Keyanna: yoyo?

Denzel: you on yo own

* END OF CONVO *

He really just told me I'm on my  own. Now I know not to mess with Denzel and his sleep again. I laid down and tried to fall asleep, but I began to think about August. Yesterday, I felt like we really made a connection. I think I was beginning to like him as more than a friend, and that scared me. After Rodney died, I was scared to get closer to any of the boys. If Ace was after all of them, then one of them could get hurt, or end up dead. I was close to Rodney, but I was way closer to Denzel and August. I would have an even harder time dealing with one of their deaths.

I decided to text August. Hopefully he will actually talk to me, unlike Denzel.

* TEXT CONVO *

Keyanna: August.....

August: what's up? everything okay?

Keyanna: Yeah we're okay,  but I can't sleep

August: Me neither I got a lot on my mind

Keyanna: You wanna talk about it?

August: I hate waiting. I wanna get to Ace and make him suffer. The longer we wait, the more time he has to come after another one of us.

Keyanna: Mel thinks this is what's best... I know you're mad, but you have to make the smarter choice

August: Mel has a history of making mad choices

Keyanna: What do you mean by that?

August: Nothing.... that's a different story for a different day. That's not the only thing on my mind tho

Keyanna: What else is bothering you?

August: I don't know how to say this so I'm just gonna be straight forward. I like you, a lot, and I cant stop thinkin' about you.

Keyanna: .......

August: I don't normally put myself out there like that. I just feel a connection. I know I should have said all this in person, but I was tired of hiding how I felt. I want you to be mine. Keyanna, will you be my girl?

Keyanna: August I really like you too, but I don't think it's a good idea, and to be honest I'm scared

August: Of what... getting hurt or ruining our friendship? I would never intentionally hurt you, but I do make mistakes like everyone else. We can just try and if it doesn't work we can go back to being friends.

Keyanna: I'm not scared to get hurt or even to ruin this friendship. I'm scared that I'm gonna get attached to you and then loose you. Ace wants yall dead, and you see that he already got one down