The Ink Stain (Poe Dameron x Reader)

"What in the galaxy is Poe Dameron doing in my studio?" You grinned as you walked over to him.

"I don't need an excuse to come and see you darlin'" He winked, hugging you quickly.

You rolled your eyes, "Come on Dameron, you wouldn't have come all this way for nothing... Unless you seriously came to get a tattoo?" Your face lit up.

He looked confused for a moment.

His confidence was immediately lost as he stumbled through his sentence, "Uh– yeah! Yep that's it. Came to get a tattoo... One tattoo please," he laughed nervously.

You stared blankly, waiting for him to explain. You knew Poe well enough to realise something wasn't quite right.

When he stayed quiet you crossed your arms, "So where's your design?" You asked dubiously, still not believing him.

"D-Design? Oh for the tattoo! I uh, I wanted you to draw it...?"

You shrugged. "Alright, come on back then," you waved him towards your table.

"Okay, so I've had a few guys from your squadron come in before, I'll show you some of their designs... Ah, here it is," you said, grabbing a piece of paper with a series of drawings on it, "What do you think, do you like any of these?"

Poe studied the paper for a moment before pointing to something, "That one looks nice."

"Poe that's an ink stain."

His shoulders sunk, "Well it's a very well drawn ink stain...I want it– please. "

You crossed your arms, "Alright Dameron, what's this really about?"

He cleared his throat, looking worried, "N- nothing! My squadron dared me to– Uh, to get a tattoo. So that's what I'm doing."

"You hate the idea of tattoos, Poe. You told me that the first time we met, remember?"

"To be fair, you weren't a tattoo artist back then."

You sighed, "Well are you sure you want to go through with this?"

He nodded, uncertainty still painted across his face.

"Fine. Sit down over there," you gestured to the seat.

You readied your tools, knowing exactly how this was going to play out and you didn't even bother to sterilise the area first. Instead you tried your best to hide a grin.

"Where do you want your dot?"

"Ink stain," he corrected.

"Whatever you say Poe," you laughed.

"Um, well my arm I guess?" He said, rolling up his sleeve.

You nodded as you inched the machine closer to his skin.

"Wait, Y/N, there's something I have to–"

"Just close your eyes," you mumbled as you watched him comply. You quickly set the machine down, grabbing a normal pen instead.

You took the pen and dotted his skin gently, "Done."

Poe opened his eyes and looked from his arm to you, "Wha- What's this?"

"It's your ink stain, Poe."

"Y/N..."

"Poe..." you mimicked his tone.

He rolled his sleeve down and let out a sigh, "Alright fine. Now that I've got my ink stain, can I confess something to you?"

"Are you going to tell me why you're really here?" You asked lightly.

"Look, Y/N, the team didn't dare me to get a tattoo... They dared me to ask you out. But I... Well, I–"

"You decided to get a tattoo instead?" You raised an eyebrow.

"I... I know it sounds stupid but Y/N, I get so nervous around you and I... Well I just thought if I got a tattoo then maybe the whole 'going out thing' would come up in conversation?" Poe mentally slapped himself at how ridiculous he sounded.

"Well I think that's adorable."

"Wh- What? Seriously?"

"It's not every day a man would rather get a tattoo than ask me out," you shrugged, joking with him.

Poe laughed, nodding his head as he stood up from the chair, "I'm crazy, I know."

"I think you're very sweet, Poe Dameron," you smiled at him as you followed him out to the front of your studio.

"Well anyway, sorry to waste your time," he said, grabbing the door handle.

Before he could leave, you spoke, "You know I charge by the hour, don't you?

"Oh right, sorry," Poe fell for it, taking his wallet out immediately before you placed a hand over his. You raised an eyebrow at him expectantly.

"Maybe I can take you out to dinner tonight instead?" Poe grinned, realising what you were getting at.

You laughed, reaching over to kiss his cheek, "I thought you would never ask."

"Believe me, darlin', neither did I," Poe joined in your laughter as he breathed a quiet sigh of relief.