CHATER FOURTY EIGHT

I woke up one morning around 10:30 am, and I finally wasn't extremely tired. Maybe it was beause it was the middle of break, and I was used to waking up pretty late. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking around my room for nothing in particular.

After Ashton had dropped me back off at my house a couple days ago, nothing excting happened to me. I've been spending these last days in my house, just chilling. Ashton and I haven't seen each other since, but we've been texting non-stop, keeping each other company. He's been working pretty hard to get that job he wants. He returned his application, and he's constantly calling the shop, tryng to get an interview as soon as possible. He's been pretty persistant, and I'm proud of him. I can tell he really wants to make money, and he diffidently deserves to make way more than he's intending to.

I unplugged my phone and took myself downstairs. I was startled as I walked into the kitchen because there werre pots and pans every where, and my mom was hastily bringing out all sorts of ingredients. I cleared my throat, my mother looked over to me. She smiled, and took out a big wrapped tukey.

"Oh right," I laughed. "It's Thanksgiving!"

"Yes," my mother replied. "And I'm counting on you to help me make this huge feast." 

I walked over to the counter, and looked through the scattered recipes all over the place. My mom looked pretty rushed and stressed, making sure she had everything for some stuffing she wanted to make.

"Mom," I laughed. "Calm down."

"Am I hasty again?" She chuckled. "Sorry. Give me a minute." She took a deep breath and exhaled, a smile spreading across her face. "Okay. We're good."

"Are we having anyone over?" I asked out of curiousity. 

"No I don't think so..." her voice trailed off as she set the unwrapped turkey in a huge oven pan. Suddenly, her face lit up and she looked over to me. "Hey!" she said. "Would Ashton like to come over?"

I felt my eyes widen slightly, because I didn't expect her to invite Ashton over for Thanksgiving dinner. I thought about that, and how uncomfortbale that would probably be for him, being around both my parents and all. But, I feel as though Ashton should get to know them more, so I decied why not at least ask him?

"Oh yeah," I answered after a pause. "That sounds fun! Should I ask him?"

"Yeah that'd be awesome." My mother smiled. I pulled my phone out of Ashton's sweatpants pockets and sent him aquick message.

"Hey, I was wondering what you're doing for Thanksgiving tonight?" I continued to help my mom with cooking, waiting for a reply. Finally, my phone vibrated from Ashton.

"Uhhh probably go to taco bell with my grandma. why do you ask?" 

"He's uh," I sad outloud to my mom. "Spending it with his Grandma." I decided to leave out the part about him probably being unable to afford an actual Thanksgiving. My mother looked over to me, her eyes soft.

"Oooh," she said. "So he lives with his Granmother?" She asked. I nodded, and she sighed.

"Where abouts?"

"Outside of town," I replied. I didn't really feel comfortable telling her all this about him, but its not like my mom would do anything with the information. "In a mobliehome type thing."

"That's a shame." She said. I nodded in agreement, not really in the mood to discuss this anymore.

"What's a shame?" I heard my father's voice behind us. I turned, and remembered he probably doesn't have work today since its a holiday.