Chapter 01

Reincarnation stories were always a big guilty pleasure of mine. Okay, okay , I know those types of stories can get pretty clichéd , what with an overpowered protagonist who always built a harem as the story progressed and would achieve a good end regardless of circumstance simply because they were the protagonist. It was very self-indulgent, but that was exactly why I liked them-because they made decisions that I as a reader would sympathize with and find probable. Because let's be real, a lot of times, main characters tend to make choices out of friendship and affections that just border lined -stupid, for a lack of better term.

Like this dating game I was playing right now for instance.

The heroine in it was pretty dumb that I nearly threw my handheld console to the wall. No scratch that, it had such terrible writing that I could only curse myself on why I thought it would be a good idea to purchase it even if it was on sale. I suppose I could only blame myself for this frustration I was feeling since I did eagerly buy it even after seeing the one star rating it had on Amazon. Tsk. This is what I get for being easily swayed by pretty faces . The art was great, don't get me wrong, but the scenario was just an absolute piece of poop with inconsistent writing.

With a groan of displeasure, I quickly shut my Vita off. I couldn't do it anymore. I'm not strong enough. I can't bring myself to finish a single route of this pathetic excuse of a game. Gods, I needed a break. And of course, the best way to unwind from stress (even those that I induced myself) was to take a long and hot soak in the tub!

So I eagerly made my way to my bathroom, stripping myself as I went - perks of living alone without my mother to nag me-before dumping a newly purchased bath bomb into the tub. I waited as the bathwater tinged into a pretty shade of pink. Okay. Time to soak!

"Ah~" I moaned in pleasure as I sunk myself in. This was nice. After a long day of listening to lectures and playing bad games , this was definitely what I needed.

As I was about to reach for my phone, I heard a loud explosion from outside my bathroom , causing alarm to run through my nerves.

"What the hell?!" Was one of the local children playing with fireworks again? Ugh. Or was it my neighbor? After all, he did have a penchant for experimenting with different dangerous chemicals despite my many warnings.

Either way, screw them for ruining my precious bath time!

Fuming, I got out of the tub, angrily grabbing my towel along the way in order to give the person who disrupted my bath some admonishment. With the towel firmly secured around my body, I moved to unlock the bathroom door. Ugh. I swear, I was going to give them such a good scolding that-

I was not in my room.

Rather, I don't think I was even in my apartment anymore.

Upon opening my door, what greeted me was an alleyway of sorts with trash littering the mud-caked pavement instead of my room like it was supposed to. The smell of burnt rubber invaded my nose and I cringed in disgust. How the hell did I even get here in the first place? Was I dreaming? Did I fall asleep again in the bath?

I probably should've listened to my mom about not bathing for too long.

Some bit of dust got into my eye and I blinked in confusion before rubbing my eye as I tugged my towel a little closer. The dry smog that permeated the air made me feel a little chilly.

"Ow!" I suddenly winced as I stepped on a particularly sharp protrusion on the ground. A hiss escaped my lips as I bent over to check my foot-it was bleeding.

...Okaaaaaaaaaay. I was probably not dreaming then.

And so the only next logical conclusion was that I slipped on a bar of soap then died and was now reincarnated into a fictional world where I would score some hot guy with whom I would have hot and steamy make-out sessions.