9| Kurt Wagner - Movie Night

"Another Nightcrawler imagine! Maybe it should be based on a movie night!"

---

"Ready?" You asked Kurt as he sat next to you, a bag full of popcorn in his hands.

"Yes." He answered, grinning. His fangs were poking out of his mouth in the most adorable way and you resisted the urge to kiss him. Instead, you put your hand in the bag of popcorn and stuffed your mouth with what you had taken. Kurt laughed when he saw you struggling to eat everything you had in your mouth before taking the remote control and pushing the button play, still grinning widely at you.

You smiled and nudged him before focusing on the film. It was called Dirty Dancing. When you had asked Peter about a good movie to watch with Kurt he had given you this one before you even had the time to finish your sentence. It did not seem too bloody or sexual so you took it. Still, you were afraid that Peter had something in the back of his mind by giving you this.

The first part of the movie went well. It was nice but not great. You were going to take some more popcorn out of the bag when you felt Kurt tense beside you. Looking at him, you noticed he had a flustered expression on his face and that his tail was wrapping itself around his leg. A slight frown appeared on your face as you were about to ask him what was going but before you could he mumbled:

"Zhere no more popcorn, I'll bring more."

And with that he teleported out of the room.

Your mouth slightly opened, you lowered your eyes on the bag of popcorn next to you: it was practically full. Rubbing the back of your head, you glanced back at the television. Everything became crystal clear. The characters were dancing together in a close embrace, it was almost sexual.

Cursing, you got up and ran toward the kitchen. You found Kurt standing behind the counter, frantically trying to open another bag of popcorn.

"Kurt, are you okay?" You asked, walking toward him.

Kurt teleported himself in surprise, reappearing at the same place seconds after. A slight smile appeared on your lips at his jumpiness. It was beyond adorable.

Kurt's eyes met yours for a short second before he looked back at his hands, clearly avoiding your gaze. His voice was shaky when he answered:

"Fine."

Seeing him fighting with the bag of popcorn, you reached him and took the bag out of his hand gently. Your hands brushed against each other and Kurt took a step back. Still, you smiled kindly and whispered:

"I don't think we need any more of this."

You gestured at the bag in your hands and put it back in the cupboard. Kurt nodded, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Let's go back zhen." Kurt was starting to leave but you caught his wrist making him finally meet your eyes.

"Did the movie embarrass you?" You asked him, unsure of what to say. "We can do something else if you want."

Kurt's cheeks became purple at your words and his tail started to move nervously behind him. He opened his mouth to talk but closed it seconds after.

"Talk to me." You whispered, letting go of his wrist to take his hand in yours.

He lowered his head to look at your hand in his and whispered: "Are you trying to tell me somezhing?"

You frowned but Kurt was not looking at you so you asked:

"What do you mean, Kurt? I don't understand."

It was his turn to frown as if he did not want to say what he was thinking out loud. He took a shaky breath and locked eyes with you. "Zhe movie. Is it a vay for you to make me understand you vant us to go further? Because Peter said-"

You cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "No! Oh my- Kurt no!" It was so embarrassing. You could not believe he had thought that. Then, you remembered his last words: "Peter said what?"

The relief in Kurt's eyes disappeared when he saw the anger in yours. "He said you vould probably do something like zhat vhen you'll be ready."

You were boiling with rage. So it was why Peter had given you this movie. "I'll kill him." You glanced at the stairs in the corridors and thought about facing him right now but Kurt interrupted your thoughts by calling your name. When you looked at him, his expression was so concerned and innocent you could feel your anger leaving you and being replaced by embarrassment. Shamefully, you admitted:

"Peter gave me that movie."

Kurt's eyes opened wide before smiling, embarrassed too.

"He played us vell." He whispered rubbing the back of his neck again.

You smiled at him. Still, you could feel a distance between you so you decided to take him in your arms. When you felt him hugging you back, you whispered:

"We're not in a hurry, but if I ever feel like going further, I'll tell you."

Kurt nodded against your neck, his hands holding you tight against him. You cuddled for a few seconds before you gave him a small peck on the lips and led him to the living room. You turned off the television and sat on the couch next to him:

"Now, let's find a way to get back at Peter!"