Chapter Thirty Two - 'Distraction'

His hands were on my face, each palm on each cheek. Warmth ran through my entire body as I ran my fingertips up his arms, resting at his shoulders.

Our lips had become forceful, desperate and unforgiving. I couldn't think clearly, I didn't want to think clearly, because I knew that if I did, I would pull away from him and remind myself how crazy I was being.

Phoenix held me close, until our lips parted for air, for recovery, but his forehead rest on mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked, breathing rapid

I just nodded against him, my hands resting on the back of his neck

The mere minute we'd had apart, gave me enough time to realize what I was doing.
I was kissing and holding a man that had not long ago slept with another woman. I was about to be next, another girl on his checklist. I suddenly felt used, a part of a game. What if this was all it was?

I bit into my bottom lip and carefully removed myself from between the counter and Phoenix, tearing all contact, rushing cold.

"What's wrong?" He turned, stepping towards me as I retreated

"I don't want to fall for this" I mumbled, leaning my back against the couch

He shook his head, watching me "Fall for what?"

"How do I know you aren't going to get what you want and then throw me aside like you do all those other girls?"

He rolled his eyes, moving closer towards me, I wanted to step back, but there was nowhere to go

"You and I both know that's not what's happening here"

"No, I don't know" I spat

He leaned his head back, exasperating "Eden, c'mon now"

"I've been lied to, tricked, beaten, manipulated, torn from my home, stalked, made to feel weak and stupid, I think it's about time I started to protect myself"

"And what do you think I'm trying to do, what I've been trying to do for the last few weeks? All I'm trying to do is make sure you are safe. If you weren't involved in this shit, then I wouldn't even be fighting Gonzales"

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I barked

Again, he stepped closer "Yes, it is"

"Well it doesn't"

Before I could continue my argument, he had closed the space between us like he had beside the kitchen counter. He hands reached towards my face, his nose inches from mine.

"Push me away Eden, tell me you don't want this" He whispered, the pure sound of his voice pulling me into his trance

I wanted to push him back, I wanted to tell him that I didn't want him, but that would have been a lie. If I was fed up with others lying to me, then it wasn't fair that I would be lying to others. So I didn't.

Our eyes connected, and I gently shook my head telling him that I couldn't.

"That's what I thought" He smugly smiled, closing the small gap between our lips

Throwing everything I had just thought out the window, I gave in. I pushed my hands against his bare chest, but it hadn't been in a way that I didn't want him near me. I wanted to feel him, every inch of him.

All of my sensibility disappeared, and now all I could think about, was Phoenix and his touch on me. Unlike before, this time, it progressed quicker, much quicker. His hands had moved from my face, to my waist, pulling me. He was losing his mind as insanely as I was.