Chapter 67

Emma

Harry hasn't said a word to me since we left the hospital.

Gone is my caring boyfriend who is worried about my well being...Alright maybe I'm being a little melodramatic but that's how I feel at the moment.

After the doctor fixed me and placed my arm into a sling, advising me to rest it for the next few days, we traveled back to our hotel in silence and once there he didn't even wish me a good night before he passed out in our bed.

Literally. We got back to the hotel, changed into our pajamas and then after I finished up in the bathroom and walked back into our room all the lights were off and he was fast asleep.

I've experienced many of Harry's moods but I've never been in the position where he's so pissed off that he blatantly avoids talking to me. Normally, and it kills me most of the time, he's the one banging down my door wanting to talk.

This is different.

So now I'm sitting up wide awake in the middle of the night, lonely, with an unbearable longing to talk to someone.

Normally I'd just talk to Harry but he's passed out in bed next to me looking content as can be and besides...he's in a foul mood so waking him up for a little chat is definitely not the best idea.

Plus I'm not ready to hash all this out with him.

You should have seen his face back at the hospital when he told me his was–and I quote–"over this secrecy shit".

It felt like a brick wall came tumbling down on my chest, I could barely breath as I looked over at him. His eyes so direct, brows furrowed so intensely I'm surprised they didn't get stuck there. His gaze and demeanor was incredibly unnerving and the fact that he hasn't really looked at me since then feels just as bad as hearing him say those words.

Why did I let this evening go south like it did?

Harry told me he loved me earlier and I let it turn into this. He's not holding me in his sleep like he normally does, he didn't wish me goodnight or even leave a light on so I could see how to get to my side of the bed.

Shit! I could have told Harry that I hurt my shoulder badly when I was growing up back at the hospital and maybe then we would be on speaking terms.

But, if I started explaining to Harry about my shoulder, even if it was a simple story, he would have kept digging and I'd either flee the scene or buckle under the pressure and tell him even if I didn't want to.

He would have gotten it out of me, it's just one of those inexplicable effects he has on me. At the moment I am unsure as to whether he knows this fact.

But whatever, I've already decided I won't be telling him anyway.

I just need to talk to someone completely different, out of the loop, unbiased.

Like a flash of lightening a sweet blonde boy pops into my head.

He's just what I need.

No funny business, I just want to talk without any expectation or pressure. You know what I mean. It's like when you're on the train and a random person sits nexts to you and strikes up a conversation and it makes you feel so good that someone, who doesn't know you at all, thought you were special enough to talk to. That kind of random attention is so nice and I'd like that now.

Is that so much to ask?

If I spoke to Harry, he would ask me to tell the truth and push until he gets his way. My other option is speaking with Lina, who would just tell me the same thing. Well she'd yell at me causing drama during her proposal weekend and then she'd yell at me to tell Harry.