051 | antimony

× Horan

"I haven't seen you this wasted in a long time," Jace observed, his face highlighted in blue, pink, and purple from the flashing lights in the room.

Club TEN was a few miles away from the university, and the place Andrew decided that the victory party would be located. The club was packed, you couldn't go anywhere without accidentally grazing someone's ass. In the middle of the dance floor, a couple was grinding on each other - full blown, national geographic, animal love making. Across the room sitting in one of the private booths were a group of older women in leopard print dresses and high heels, throat deep on a nineteen year old boy - sucking the life out of his youthful soul.

"Never 'ad a reason to," I slurred as I leaned against the wall to keep myself up right.

I focused my attention on the flashing lights overhead as I felt myself sliding down the length of the wall. The room started to get dizzy, but I continued the conversation anyways.

"I- I screwed up. It's like fuckin' whiplash between da two of us."

"Exactly," Jace expressed. "Which means this isn't over."

I took another drink of my beer in answer to Jace's comment. As I tilted my head back, I closed my eyes and instantly regretted it. The room was spinning around me and I felt myself falling away from the wall. My eyes flew open and my beer sloshed over my hand just as someone steadied me on my feet.

"Alright, come with me," Jace said as he grabbed my forearm and led me through the groups of people.

"Where-" I started as I stepped on someone's foot. "Where we goin'?"

Jace didn't answer and continued pushing through the people until we were at the bar - a fifteen foot long, sleek white counter with matching stools and a huge selection of alcoholic beverages on display.

"Sit," Jace demanded and pulled me to one of the stools. "And don't leave this spot. I have to use the toilet and I expect you to be here when I get back."

I stared at Jace, trying to understand what he was saying. "Have yer eyes always been so blue? I could take a swim in dem..."

He ignored me and grabbed the beer in my hand as he slammed his palm on the counter, drawing attention from one of the bartenders.

"Whatever you do, don't serve him any more drinks, okay?" Jace asked the tender who nodded. Jace's eyes - his very blue, blue eyes - looked over at me again. "Stay here."

As soon as I saw him disappear into the bathroom, I turned to the bartender. "I'll give ya a hundred quid if ya give me another pint."

The lad was tall and lanky with long black hair on the top with it nearly shaved on the sides. The tender's eyes looked like melted gold and they twinkled under the hanging lights of the bar. The name tag on his vest read Tim. Or maybe Tom. I wasn't sure because it was hard to focus on the white lettering without it blurring.

He just shook his head. "Sorry, mate."

"Listen, Ted" I pressed. "You seem like a nice lad. All I'm askin' is to have one beer. I'll give you anythin' for it."

The Ted lad just shook his head with an apologetic smile.

Right then someone leaned into the counter beside me, their back to me talking to her friend. She had short red hair and smelled of grapes and sweat. A fruity drink was in her hand and she was gesturing widely to her friend with the other. She looked around my age, wearing a tight white dress with slits up her thighs.