036

"Hullo?" Ashton answered his phone with a small, adorable yawn.

   "G'morning, princess!" Bryana greeted cheerily. "I'm outside your house in a cab, grab your things and let's go! Sorry, cream puff, I'd help you but I'm pretty sure the cabbie would drive away," she giggled.

   "'Cream puff'?" Ashton repeated, whilst grabbing his carry-on backpack and bouncing down the stairs to his suitcase.

   He was already dressed, in black sweatpants that were somewhat tight around his legs and baggy around his crotch in a way that made his legs look even longer. A rose pink top made him look gorgeously tall and slim, along with a grey hoodie that was unzipped and had the sleeves rolled up. The brunette slid into loose Converse, and exited his house, untied laces smacking the pavement.

   Ashton had said goodbye to his siblings and mum the night prior. He'd made his mother promise to take care of the kids, and told them to call him at any moment they needed help, or just wanted to talk. After practically raising the eight and ten-year-old for their entire lives, Ashton hadn't realised just how hard it would be to leave them for a long period of time. As much as he loved his mum, the divorce had left her in shambles. Though it'd hurt Ashton as well, he'd been forced to recover and grow up quickly.

   "Not good?" Bryana's voice came through the phone, and the brunette boy could practically see her thoughtful lip-bite.

   "Mm-mm," Ashton responded with a giggle, his mind returning to Bryana's terrible nicknames.

  "Sugarplum?" Bry offered. Ash made a sound that conveyed maybe. "Popcorn, angel, sweetie pie?" Luckily, the model's suggestions were cut off when her boyfriend entered the car, after carefully placing his suitcase in the trunk. He dropped his backpack at his feet, before buckling himself in.

"So, princess, excited for Boston?" Bryana greeted. She wore light blue sweats and a black tank top, under a cozy grey cardigan with no buttons, and her hair hung loose, the tresses slightly wavy.

   Though Ashton had seen her in comfortable clothes on multiple movie nights, this particular time had memories floating through his head. Whether it be the destination they were headed for, or just with every passing moment he missed his best friends more, Ashton couldn't get Calum, Michael, and Luke out of his mind. The four of them cuddling in cozy clothes with movies that they weren't really watching on the television. Them eating popcorn and making tired, three am conversation.

   But with the good memories came the bad. The three lads tugging Ashton further into their laps with a subtle possessiveness, while the innocent boy was oblivious. It had Ash staring blindly with pain-filled eyes, his breath shaky and fingers tapping anxiously.

   "Ashton," Bryana murmured gently. "Ash," she repeated, trying to get through the thick, sadness-made bubble that'd surrounded her boyfriend. Ashton heard her eventually, only after the blonde had repeated it thrice more.

   "I can't spend—I don't even know how long—with them," he whispered, eyes glassy and chest heaving. He was seconds away from hyperventilating, Bryana realised, moments from going into a full-on panic attack. With that looming over them, she grabbed Ashton's slim hand gently.

   "Deep breath, princess. I'll be there, the three girls and Case'll be there, and you can always back out, Ashy," she soothed, unbuckling her seatbelt and sliding across the seat. The model wrapped her arms around his shoulders, with Ashton leant on her slim side. He slowly started to calm down, the shaking in his shoulders slowing to a near complete stop. Ashton's rapid breathing slowed to a calm pace, and he sat up weakly. "You okay, princess?" Bryana asked gently.

   "Yeah," Ashton whispered tearily. "Thank you," he added, hugging his girlfriend and glancing out the window. Bry curled against his side, a hand resting on his flat, faintly muscled stomach. With Genghis Khan playing softly, they made small talk until the cab reached the airport.

   "Ready to go, princess?" the older of the two asked delicately, straightening her clothes. Ashton nodded, grabbing both his and Bryana's carry-on bags, along with his suitcase. "Thanks," the blonde said sweetly, walking with her shoulder brushing Ashton's.

They entered the airport and turned towards a small circle of chairs and lounges, where their mates were sat. Michael's tall frame was laid across three chairs, with his head of candy floss colored hair rested on Luke's thighs. The blonde was on his phone, sharing earbuds with Calum, who sat beside him. Nia's head was leant on Rena's shoulder, her newly dyed hair folding against the girl's slim arm. The tresses were pitch black to the point where they could almost look blue, in the right light. Miranda and Rena sat with Casey slumped across their legs, snoring softly.

"How long have you guys been here?" Bryana questioned, glancing at the bags tossed to the side, and their tired, slouched positions.

"Five minutes," Luke responded, petting Calum's soft hair and fluffing it up. None of the seated teenagers seemed to see anything in how rapidly they'd sprawled out, as if they'd been there for hours. Only Bryana and Ashton, which just added to the humour. They shook with soft, partially repressed giggles, deserving a horde of confused, drowsy looks.

"I'm trying to sleep," Michael whined, glancing up with a petulant frown.

"You can sleep anywhere," Luke, Calum, and Ashton said in sync. No matter how long they'd been apart, the three boys were always on the same wavelength. It was an unbreakable friendship; it might get beat up and hurt, but the love wouldn't run out. At least, the three graduates hoped so.

a/n i started publishing chapters for ballerina boy, please please please check it out<3 lyl