0.4

-POV Samm-

I stared down at this girl. I've never seen her, but her hair was beautiful, white, how was it so white? Her face was covered in worry and anxiety, her eyes a solid green gray.

She suddenly pulled away from me and fell backward. She stumbled to get up, as she did she pulled a knife out from the hem of her pants. Then she ran out the back entrance of the locker rooms.

I walked to the front entrance where the rest of the team was crowded, as I got there I saw the white haired girl run past and then a black haired girl squeeze her way out from the circle the team made around her and run after the white haired girl.

"Samm, you just missed the hottest chick ever!" Said Toby grabbing my shoulder, "dude! You're not even ready for the game! You don't even have a damn shirt on!"

"Oh." I looked down at my chest, "right, I just got a little distracted. I'll get ready now." I walked to my locker and got ready for the game.

-0-

The team and I all ran to the field. The band held a banner we all ran through. To the left the bleachers were overflowing with people, the cheerleaders were running around us as we got into position to start the game.

The opposing team ran out from behind the bleachers and onto the field and got into place.

-0-

The game played out well, we won and the coach took us out to the local pizzeria. Of course, guys being guys we were all cheering and having the time of our lives chewing down on endless pieces of pizza. Toby was flirting with the waitress off in another booth.

While eating my mind drifted to the girl I encountered in the locker rooms. She had a knife with her. Why? She seemed so innocent like she had never done a bad thing in her life. She looked so terrified looking into her eyes, did she think I was going to tell Someone? I wasn't.

"Dude, are you going to stop picking at your pizza or flirt with the waitresses with me?" Said, Toby, as he slid into the booth across from me with the waitress at his side. He could get any girl he wanted and it kinda makes me jealous, although I've had my fair share of girlfriends over time.

"I rather just stay here and think I guess," I replied back.

"Woah, when did you get so sentimental?"

"When did you learn to use words like 'sentimental?'"

"Touché." He then got up and left the booth with the waitress. At that moment a large party of people walked in, it was an unusual looking group. Two hippies, a lesbian couple, and.. My mind froze. The girl that was talking to the team before the game and the innocent white haired girl.

I watched as they all crowded into a booth. They were talking, one girl was shooting fire out of her mouth to the white haired girl, soon enough everyone but the black haired girl were all yelling at her.

She was cowering like a puppy being punished. I felt bad for her. I was watching them, her, when she turned and looked at me, her sadness turned to worry and we sat there looking at each other. Suddenly she got up and bolted to the door, I went after her, I followed behind the black haired girl.

She stopped at the edge of the parking lot and sat on the curb, she wasn't aware that I followed her.

--POV Opal--
A/N: Her POV starts right where it ended.

We got back to the dorm, as soon as I got there I collapsed onto the floor dropping the knife on the couch.

Zelda plowed into the dorm, "What happened? There was blood on your knife, I told the rest of the team the plan was off. What. Happened.?" She seemed panicked.

"I accidentally stabbed myself a little," I pulled down the hem of my leggings to reveal a large gash on my hip. It was much larger than I thought it was.

"Oh my god!" She rushed to the bathroom and came out with rubbing alcohol and bandage wrap. She sat me up and talked to me while fixing me up.

"What happened in there?" A cloth with rubbing alcohol was put on the cut and I winced.

"I got all the footballs popped, on my way out I slammed straight into a football player and panicked. The knife was in the hem of my leggings and when I panicked I fell backward and the knife cut me."

"Did he see your face clearly?"

"I'm not sure. I couldn't see because I'm pretty sure I was having a panic attack." She lifted up my shirt a little to wrap the bandage cloth around my waist.

"Awe girly, I'm sorry I dragged you into doing that."

"It's alight. Can we just go get some food?"

"Sure, I'll call the team and we'll all go to the local pizzeria, sound good?"

"Yeah." I nodded and she finished bandaging me. The wrap was tight around my waist and lower stomach. I got into different pants that weren't covered in blood and we left.

She drove my truck, I honestly didn't want to drive at all, so she got privilege to drive it.

We got the pizzeria and put side waiting was the whole group. They all looked annoyed and mad at me.

Oh no. I thought.

They didn't say a word to me as we walked into the restaurant, I was over washed with the scent of pizza and Pepsi.

We all squeezed into a booth. Right off the bat Rachel started talking and didn't stop, "Seriously! We had the whole thing planned and you had to just go and ruin it by getting caught and stabbing yourself and other stupid shit! Alex and Mags didn't get to do their thing and Kc and I only got two bags glued. Did you know they didn't even use any of the footballs in the locker room.." She kept going. And going. And going. Soon all of them were yelling at me except for Zelda.

I could feel my body giving in and losing the tough look I had on my face. I looked away from the table and saw the football player I ran into in the locker rooms. We stared at each other for a moment before I got up and ran for the door.

I ran to the other end of the parking lot and sat on the curb and shoved my head in between my knees. That's when Zelda's voice filled in my head and I was hugged.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this." She said.

That's when an unfamiliar voice, a voice that sounded like silk being strung, "Are you alright?" The voice said.

I tried to reply to him, tell him I was fine, but I couldn't bring myself to talk, my voice was nothing but a mere breath.

"She'll be fine, I hope. Why did you come out here?" Said, Zelda.

"I ran into her in the locker room-"

"Oh my god! You didn't tell anyone did you?" She started to panic.

"No, and I won't, I just saw her and when she ran out I got concerned about what happened."

"What's your name?"

"Samm."

"Cool, I'm Zelda, and this here is Opal." I made a grunting noise.

"Now if you excuse us I think I need to take her back to our dorm." Zelda lifted me up and had me stand and look straight forward, I saw Samm, it was the guy from the locker rooms.