Chapter 5

.

.

- Diana -

.

Saturday, June 7th. The first day, of my summer.

As I arose from bed, I deeply breathed in, closing my eyes.

I could feel the slight summer breeze weave through my open window, me smiling.

My mom.

I felt this occasionally. As if, the wind was speaking actual words to me. Words of encouragement and comfort.

It was mom.

"Hey, mom.'' I smiled, tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear. "I miss you.. I miss your voice. Your presence." I weakly spoke, me holding back tears. "It isn't the same, here. Without you, I feel empty. Like, there isn't anything here in this soul of mine.."

My hair fanned back at the slightly hard wind, telling me something different.

Have faith in yourself. Live your life.

It's as if her faint voice spoke the words, and then the wind faded.

My smile faded as well, knowing she had left.

"I'll try. For you, mom." I whispered.

Getting up, I immediately walked straight to the bathroom, gathered some clothes, the usual.

My wool sweater and a pair of jeans.

Closing the door behind me, I switxh on the shower and quickly undress, hopping in.

I was really insecure about my body..

I never liked being out of clothes, not even alone.

I hated my body.

But it was a gift from God. So I really shouldn't be throwing my words around carelessly.

Positivity.

That was all I needed to survive.

.

.

.

.

- Luke -

.

"We fell asleep in the lounge." Michael spoke stupidly, as I groaned.

"They have a big house, don't they?" Ashton rubbed at his eyes as he ruffled his hair.

"Hey, our luggage!" Calum reminded.

"Chill, the van's just out front." I waved off, sitting up.

"Oh, well look who crashed." I hear an Irish accent, then see the rest of the boys.

"That's weird, we didn't even hear you come back." Calum furrowed his eyebrows.

We all look at Calum, but then just burst out laughing.

He had marker all over his face, probably the boys being the ones who were up to it.

"Where's Harry?" Michael questions, Louis smirking.

"Having a cuddle session with Annabelle." Zayn chuckled, as they head to the kitchen.

"Ugh." Calum groans, storming away and mumbling things to himself as he went to go search for a bathroom in the vast house.

"Speaking of the Phillips sisters. Where's their mom and dad?"

"Erm.. Well, Mr. Phillips is Annabelle's real dad, but he and Annabelle's mum divorced and moved to South Asia or something. Diana was adopted because her actual mom passed away and was taken into the family as well." Liam explained, nodding once. "They have an interesting family."