Chapter Thirty

Alphonse Wyatt

I was in a rough spot. Call it a change of heart but ever since I became a father for the third time to my brand new son, I haven't been as much as an asshole. I was a good father to Kiara and Kyle but for obvious reasons I wasn't to Keon. And it had all to do with the fact that he really wasn't mine. Sure I took care of him but it was all an act. However, now I feel bad about the way I treated him. I know that me feeling bad isn't going to take all those years back and it definitely won't give me a good spot in his graces but it's something right? Right now, I didn't care for obtaining any money or businesses from his inheritance. Instead, I wish nothing but the best for him. And Naiya of course.

Naiya.

The information I have on her mother being alive and who her real father is could make or break her. Beings though her mother was about to start working at the school she's about to attend in the fall, I figured telling her about her mother was more important than telling her who her no good father is. In fact, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do any good for her sanity. I mean I know I wouldn't want the news that Daniel Moore is my father. In my opinion, Naiya is better off without that information. As for telling her about her mother, I would have to consult with Keon first. Of course I would have to break it to him and then see what is the best way to tell her. Either way it's going to be a huge shock to her.

With me no longer caring about getting any money or anything from Keon, I wasn't sure how Daniel was going to get his cut that he was still looking for. He had nothing on us that could break the family. Tessa and I were getting a divorce and she had an entire team of fixers to help her through that and her campaign so Daniel couldn't fuck with that. But his silence lately has me worried that maybe he was planning something. I didn't know what but I damn sure was going to figure it out once Keon and Naiya returned. I'm sure Keon will want nothing to do with me especially after I told him his real father was dead, but I had to make him somehow talk to me. It was about Naiya so maybe that would motivate him to not want to kill me.

"How long are you staying here?"

I looked up from my sleeping newborn Elijah to his mother, Reese. Reese was my former campaign manager when I was working politics in Georgia and is of course Brianna's older sister. Our affair started three years ago and ended nine months ago when she found out she was pregnant. Though we obviously were never an item because I was married and a thriving politician, I still considered her a major part of my life. I loved Tessa but it was something about Reese that I couldn't quite get over. Even after she paired up with Tessa to throw me out of my political chair by manipulating me into resigning and shaming my name, I still had feelings for Reese. Seeing her give birth to our son made me fall in love with her. However I knew that opening up to my feelings probably wouldn't change her feelings towards me now. I bet it wouldn't even matter to her if I told her I was divorcing Tessa. She just doesn't want me. After the way I've treated people in my life, I deserve it.

"I'm leaving tonight." She nodded. "Thanks for letting me stick around."

"Sure."

"I uhm...I had some of my security detail hang out here just for paparazzi sake. I don't want them in your face when you're trying to leave."

"Thanks."

"No problem. And I programmed the number to your personal bodyguard into your phone. Call him when you're headed out on an errand."

"Okay."

I looked back down at Elijah watching him sleep.

"Everything okay? You're...quieter than usual Alphonse."