Prologue

Prologue

This is a wrong idea.

Absolutely!

I can already foresee the consequences of this move. One wrong move and everything will change. Then again, what can I do? This is more than life and death —emphasis there— more than life and death, period!

Every time I look straight to his direction, I could feel my chest exploding. I hear it scream, No, don't do it. There's another way! My mind, too, surprisingly coincides with my rather divergent heart. This is a rare occasion. Most of the time, they fight like cat and dog, always in argument, the mortal enemies. It's quite surprising that neither one of them is stopping me. My nape feels hot, and so are my cheeks. It feels like I am going through my first job interview.

Am I actually letting myself do this?

Perhaps my sanity is finally doomed.

I took a deep, deep breath then slap my face with my hand.

Ouch! I don't mean to hurt myself badly, but I think I need a wake-up call. Nope, I think I need the strongest motivation that will push me through this.

I gather my legs and take another deep breath.

"You can do this, Angel!" I murmur to myself.

I walk straight across the hallway till I reach the corner where he was standing and chatting with his friends, beaming that ever popular smile that propelled him to the Student Body Council. Well, I'm not underestimating him entirely as I believe I have no means to put myself above him. He's everything I am not. That is why he is the perfect negotiator, and I think he will have a high chance of accepting my proposal.

"H-hi." I find my voice trapped in my throat. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Me?" His lips curved, ribbing me intentionally. His friends start to poke fun at me by giggling with each other.

"Yes," I answer, shrugging off the tinge of mortification that is spreading across my cheeks.

"Anything you want to say you can say to my peeps," he confidently replies, not bothering to remove that smirk.

"It's a very personal matter."

"Okay!" He stands up and eyes me.

I lead him to an empty room just a few walks away from where his friends are. I can still hear them laughing.

"What is it?" he said with his hands on his hips and his brow raised.

I gulp as my rehearsed speech demanded my mouth to be spilled out already.

"You don't have all my time," he dryly says as he fixes his cold glare at me. Really, he can't do better but humiliate me in the slightest possible way with those eyes. I don't know why, but he has that effect on me. I always feel his eyes look at me like I am the lowest form of human on earth. Well, his friends do, too. Worse, I might add.

Okay, here I go.

"Do you want to have sex with me?" I blurt out.

He drops his jaw.

I shake my head at the thought of his reaction.

Oh, my God! I have said it.