5th ♕

5th

"Here's your dog, Your Highness." I held out the leash to him, waiting for him to take it. He only looked at me, not saying a word and seemingly amused. It was probably directed towards my sudden courteousness, which was vastly different to what had happened in this same place earlier today.

If I had found it hard to look him in the eye earlier, I find it even more difficult after he had told me that I had passed the initial interview, which I highly doubted. I didn't know him well enough to promptly discern whether he was only bluffing or was actually telling me the truth.

But I also wanted to confirm it, since it was starting to bother me ever. Honestly speaking, if I didn't want that part-time job, I wouldn't show my face there.

So grabbing a piece of scratch paper and the pen that was still located on the information desk, I wrote down: should I believe you? or are you just messing up with me? seriously.

He took the pen from me. Seriously.

how? when? WHY? as if! blah..

George—the panel head—deeply favored you. I saw your test scores after the interview. You were the only one to whom he had given a perfect ten. It was a consistent three for the others. But I shouldn't be telling you this. It's highly classified information, no?

gee... too bad, I can't undo reading and knowing it..

Ha. Ha. I have to go, or I'll be late for dinner. My mother won't be thrilled. You'll know why if you somehow manage to be the next princess-in-training and meet her.

& see that you already lost your head. she'd be devastated! P.s. i can't be the next princess in training..

Why will I lose my head again?

cause this is highly classified information and we're both going to be beheaded in the plaza

Well, that's an interesting proposition. Haha. And who knows? You convinced the other George.

right

Don't be so hard on yourself. Being different isn't that unappealing. And it's an open chance. It's a fair game.

says the one behind the one-way glass. what are you doing there, anyway? you also give scores?

He didn't write back.

what? tell me. since we're both going to be beheaded, anyway. doomed.. and whatever.

If you happen to get the top spot, I'll tell you.

OK, I get it. i'll just tell them that I plan to rob the palace if they won't choose me. and p.s. I will also burn it to ashes after. don't you think they'll feel threatened enough? i'm pretty convincing when I say these things.

Top spot. That's the deal.

you know what? forget it... i'm not interested in knowing. what's the use?

Are you sure about that?

certain. and I'll just be showing these papers to the panel, or... I don't know, the guards? they'll be thrilled to know that you're giving away 'classified information'.

You won't.

wait, the paparazzis will be very happy to have these in their hands. change of plans, I'll just give it to them. Sell it!