15

The next morning, Louis dreads going down for breakfast. Facing Harry after last night will have his face blazing, not that its doing that now as he slowly descends the stairs. It's quiet, and maybe it's because it's early. Maybe most of the residents don't wake till later. Hopefully, Harry included.

With Missy hopping down by his feet, he feels a little comfort settle in his nervous and fidgety body. Last night when he came back to his room she was scratching at the door, but when he came in she jumped on him in a worried heap. Louis snuggled her as he wheezed in embarrassment last night.

Louis is glad she was given to him, he doesn't know what he would do without her.

As Louis enters the dinning room with Missy tripping over her feet, all luck he thought he had flies out of the window when no one but the Alpha sits in his seat, alone. Of course he's the only one awake.

Quickly deciding that he likes his dignity, Louis goes to turn and hurry back to his room, wishing that Harry didn't notice him in the door way or his smell, when Harry speaks out.

"Sit down." He demands.

Harry's voice is hard, cold and unwavering. It sends chills down Louis' spine, rising goosebumps on his skin which is thankfully hidden from Harry's view with the large sweater he wears.

Looking down, Louis stares into his pets eyes with desperation, as though hoping she could do something.

Missy blinks up at him.

Seeing that she can't do anything and Not daring to defy, Louis quickly scampers to the seat next to Harry. He doesn't try to look Harry in the eyes, doesn't think he can handle what rages behind them. Missy trails behind them, carful not to get to close to the Alpha and barking out at him when Harry looks at her with distain.

"Eat." Harry growls out.

Louis frowns, he can't understand what exactly is going on but he goes along with it. He puts a few slices of bacon and waffles on his plate before chewing.

Below his protector whines, and Louis glances down to see big round eyes looking up at him. Giggling quietly Louis gives her a piece of bacon.

Besides him, Harry grunts.

"She has her own food, she doesn't need bacon."

Louis frowns, debating if he should answer back, and as he continues to stare at Missy eat, he does and says, "You want to feed her dog food when you know very well she's a wolf. A wolf doesn't need dog food. She needs to hunt, like our wolves do."

Louis' next reaction is to cower into himself and squeeze his eyes closed because Harry will definitely be angry for Louis speaking out. But as the omega waits for Harry's burst, nothing happens, so cautiously, Louis peeks out and what he sees is strange.

Harry isn't baring his teeth and fur isn't sprouting not of his skin, in fact he looks the complete opposite. His eyes are still a green and angry storm, but his face is scrunched up as he stares at Missy.

He looks almost thoughtful.

The conversation ended there, which Louis is both relived and disappointed for.

It's quiet between them, awkward for the omega. As he eats his mind wonders to last night, how everything unfolded because he couldn't control his peeking curiosity. His little wolf getting him into trouble because of his cravings.

Self control, Louis thinks, I lack self control.

His thoughts bring him back to the training he wants to do. He thinks to bring it up with his mate since they eat in silence, but he tells himself to wait. He's already planning to bring up his mother again, but this time he isn't taking no for an answer. He will get Harry to say yes, no matter what it takes.

"Today, we will wonder the pack so they can get to know you. Gemma has already set up what you will wear." Harry pulls Louis from his thoughts.

"Oh, erm, OK." Louis tries to steady his voice, but a little of his excitement and nervousness slips in. He will be able to slip in his mother somewhere while he's introduced to his new pack. "Will it just be us?" He asks with a small smile. He doesn't look at Harry when he asks, tries to hide his smile as he pays close attention to cutting his waffle.

He hears Harry clear his throat, and from his side view he can see how his grip tightened every so slightly on his cuppa.

"Yes." In Harry's voice, Louis can hear the small scratchiness of his wolf. It makes Louis cheeks flame, because he remembers Harry's wolf when they first ran together. And when he peeked out last night...

Louis' wolf purrs, literally purrs, because even though the memory was short and the ending was horrible it was amazing, to be able to touch skin to skin.

As Louis continues to eat his breakfast, Harry stands up to put his dishes away and the omega couldn't help but admire just how fit he is.

His white T-shirt is fitting on his back and when his arms move his biceps flex, and Louis doesn't realize he's fantasizing them lifting him up once more until its too late.

"Stop!" Harry growls loudly, shaking the inside of Louis' core. "Stop thinking. I can smell you and if you continue to go on like that I will take you on that very table, whether you are ready or not."

Oh my god, Louis thinks. His face burns all the way down to his neck, flushing red, and his Alphas words only made him worse, the air growing in tension and static. Its like last night.

Louis can feel the heat rising in his belly, settling hotly just above his groin and its uncomfortable, his arse starting to leak and he knows harry means every word he says when he takes a threatening step forward but that's all it takes for Louis to rush out of the room. Totally forgetting his pet and his half eaten food.

Damn alpha.