Chapter 6

Nicolle POV

I make my way inside the home and whilst Miss Dalimore signs all the papers, I decide to have a look around for Mrs Oliviara. I walk around and go into some of the rooms but just see some of the newer kids look at me weird whilst others who've been here longer give me both confused and pitying looks, but no sign of Mrs Oliviara which instantly dampens my day even more as if it were possible. But then I hear a voice behind me;

"And what are you doing here again?" I can't help but smile as I turn around to run and hug my oldest friend.

Hannah Evans was my age. She came here when she was four or five because her father was arrested for some drug deal and her mother died having her brother Nick who was also here somewhere.

"I told you Miss Dalimore would take me back" I say before we hug each other tightly.

"I missed you" she admits smiling. "Jay has been so annoying since you left"

Jayden Thomas was my other best friend who came here a couple of months before I did as a baby. His mother was mentally unstable and lost custody since she was neglecting him and his father was abusive to them both.

"I bet. Speak of the devil" I say seeing Jay walking into the room. He instantly brightens up and comes over and joins in the now group hug.

"What are you doing here?" He asks surprised. "No no wait lemme guess, you ate the dog"

"Shut up jay" I mutter with a small laugh. "But it's good to be back" I say before my mind drifts back to my reason of coming to this room. "Where's Mrs Oliviara?" I ask causing Jay and Hannah to look at one another.

"She's on holiday" Hannah says quickly and it's obvious by her tone and the roll of Jay's eyes that she's lying.

"She's left for a few weeks. She was attacked" Jay says and Hannah scowls at him.

~•~

Lana POV

I sit in the car tapping my fingers as Fred drives us to his house. We hadn't talked too much after he left Once, even less after the show ended altogether. There was a reunion planned but I didn't go because he did.  And now we're going to meet up again. I'm not sure how it's going to go but we aren't here for us. We're here for her, our daughter, our Nicolle.

~•~

A/N: aaaaaaand IM BACK HERE AGAIN! Sorry for the HUGE delay but here it is (finally) Chapter 6. It's a little longer than the previous chapters but here it is 😂

Next chapter we learn who Nicolle's father is (since it isn't Fred ☹️)