Chapter 21

Melody's POV

In an instant Carter was in front of Ava. She looked up at him with unsure eyes. It's like she was afraid he would hurt her like that asshole Alex.

Carter engulfed Ava in a hug he was nuzzling her neck and she was standing there awkwardly. Her hands at her side. Like she's afraid of getting close to him because she thinks he might reject her. Carter pulls away from the hug and looks tentatively at Ava, he's staring at her with so much love and lust in his eyes. He puts his hand on her cheek.

"What's wrong love, why didn't you hug me back?" he asks sounding hurt and curious at the same time.

"It's not that..." Ava replies.

"Then what is it, all I want to do is make you happy. I know you'll look so much prettier if you would just put a smile on your face." he says smiling warmly at her.

Ava bites her lip and he notices, he starts staring at her lips.

I look at Alec and he looks like he wants to say something. He's probably going to be a protective big brother. I mean this is his twin we're talking about. I look at him and send him a smile. He smiles back. I mind link Alec and say,

"Ava looks like she's broken because of what happened with her first mate. Can I take her out of the room and talk to her about it. Meanwhile you keep Alpha Carter busy. Tell him why she is being so distant and looks so unsure of herself."

"Fine I'll distract Carter while you talk to my sister. Should I really be the one to tell him about Ava's mate who rejected her or should I let her tell him herself?"

"I'll ask her while I am speaking to her and mind link you the answer, okay?"

I look up at him and he nods. He's smiling down at me because he's talker.

"You can also give him the big brother talk."

I mind link him again laughing in my mind. Alec just chuckled out loud.

I cough and Alpha Carter and Ava immediately look my way. They're starting to make me feel extremely self conscious. Feeling my unease Alec wraps a muscular arm around my waist.

"Ava can I talk to you for a second?" I ask her and she nods quickly.

I look at Alpha Carter and he nods as well. I grab hold of Ava's arm and drag her up the stairs to her room.

Once we're inside I close the door. Ava goes and sits on the foot of her bed. I walk to her bed and sit next to her making the bed dip.

"Ava are you okay..." She looks at me like she's about to start crying.

"Melody what if he's just like Alex and rejects me?" she asks now in tears.

"Ava,"

I say pulling her into a hug.

"Do you want Alec to tell him about Alex, because Carter is probably wondering why his mate seems so distant."

She nods her head on my shoulder.

I mind linked Alec,

"You can tell Carter, Ava wants him to know."

Alec simply replied with a 'okay'. I look back at Ava who I'm still hugging. I pull away from the hug and say,

"Ava, I don't think Carter will reject you. I mean when he first saw you he had love and lust in his eyes. He's not going to end up doing what Alex did. And if Carter tries anything to hurt you... Well we'll get your brother to beat his ass."

Ava chuckles to what I said about Alec beating Carter. She looks up at me and says

"I don't doubt that my twin won't hurt Carter." she jokes.

"See."

The two of us laugh.

"Ready to go back downstairs and talk to your mate?"

"It's now or never right?" she asks and I nod sending her a reassuring smile.

The two of us walk downstairs only to find Alec and Carter are not where we left them.

"Where are they?" I ask aloud. Ava laughs,

"They're probably in Alec's office, Mel."
I laugh too.

Then we walk in the direction of his office which is back upstairs. I'm telling you I could probably become really fit just be walk up these stairs. But then again I'm a werewolf I'm fit anyway.

We get to his office and I knock lightly on the big wooden doors. I hear someone say come in and Ava and I enter the office.

I keep the door open for Ava and closed it once she was inside. I walk over to Alec who is standing behind his desk. Once I'm next to him he wraps his arms around me waist pulling me in front of him. I look at Ava and give her a reassuring smile.

Carter walks over to Ava.

"Your brother told he about the asshole who rejected you. You have every right to keep me at a distance after that, but please give me a chance, give us a chance. I promise you I'm nothing like that good for nothing who rejected you. All I want to do is make you happy."

Awww that's so sweet.

"Okay, I'll give us a chance, but we are going to take things slowly."

Ava says smiling up at Carter. Carter lifts Ava up and spins her around and she's giggling. He puts her down then pecks her on the cheek. Ava's cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

Alec looks down at me and he is smiling so I smile back. He then whispers,

"Your amazing you know that." in my ear.

Making me grin like a cheshire cat. I peck Alec on the nose.

All of a sudden Alec's eyes fog over. He must be mind linking someone in the pack. His grip around me waist tightens. Once his done I ask what's wrong and he grits out one word... rogues, and I swallow hard.

They found me.

Alec's POV

One of my warriors on parole just mind linked me telling he that there are rogues on my territory. My grip around Melody tightens. I looks at my mate and she has a worried expression written all over her features. She asks what's wrong and I'll grit out one word...rogues.

I noticed that Mel swallowed hard at the mention of rogues. I'll have to ask her about it later. I look up and see me twin and her mate. Ava gives me that look to tell me to tell her where they are. I tell them everything I was told through mind link. That there are a handful of rogues on the northern parts of my territory. Carter offers to help me take them down. I tell Melody and Ava to stay inside the house.

Then Carter and I go outside. I shift as soon as I'm outside. Carter goes behind a tree to strip, not long after a light blonde wolf walks up to me from where Carter was. We nod to acknowledge each other in wolf form. The two of us sprint off to the northern parts of my territory. When we get there we see three dead rogues and one of my warriors have another rogue held against a tree by his neck.

I shift and put some shorts on then I walk up to the warrior and the rogue.

"Put him in the underground prison and I'll question him later."

The warriors replies with, "Yes Alpha."

He bows his head and takes the rogue away.

••••••••

Hey guys,

This is probably the longest chapter I have written. I hope your enjoying the book.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

Azzie01🌸