Chapter21 :work work

Work work work.
I've been working for hours , Liam left long ago but I was still stuck here.
Thankfully with his method and his help I managed to almost finish all of it.
Two more files and I'll be free to leave.

I heard the door of the main office open.
And I knew he was back.
Even knowing that we're in the same building makes me forget how to breath.
I tried not to think about him and just continued working, and he didn't bother me so that was a plus.
At some point of me working I think I slept.
I could feel my face against something hard then I felt my self moving.
I don't know what's going on but moments after, I came in contact with a soft subject.
I was too tired to open my eyes but I opened them to face Mr.arrogant but he had a soft look on his eyes and he was looking at me with concern something I've never seen in his eyes, this must be some weird dream, because that creature is not capable of caring .
He just touched my face and whispered.
"Sweet dreams Isabelle"

I woke up feeling stiff. Aghh !
I opened my eyes it took me sometime to adjust to the lighting.
Where am I?
I stood up right away.
Shit!
I then remembered the dream which happened to be not a dream but a reality.
I quickly got up to the bathroom to try and fix myself to the best . That didn't work out too as my cloths were wrinkled.

I got out to the office. There I found him.
"I see that you finally woke up ?"
"Yes I'm sorry but you shouldn't have put me in your bed, I could've went home"

"if you didn't sleep in the first place I wouldn't have given up my bed"
"Umm, can I go home to change Then come back I won't take too long"
"look here! First you didn't even finish your work then you sleep in the office and now you ask to leave when you ..." He looked at his watch "and you know what time it is sleeping beauty? It's 2 pm"
At this point I felt my face heat up. I don't normally have these many fuck ups, what is wrong with me? why now? And in front of this person of all people?
I had nothing to say so I was planted in my spot and didn't move.

He exhaled loudly "fine you have two hours when you come back you'll find your work on your desk I wish to see it done today "
"Thank you sir "
I just went to my desk collected my things and left as quickly as possible before anyone can notice me. I succeeded in my mission and made it to my car quickly.
The drive home took me about 15 minutes long.
When I arrived I went straight to the shower.
Then I got a call from Liam.
"Hello!"
"Where are you? I went up to see you but you weren't there "
"I'm home right now, long story but I'll be in the office soon, I'll tell you then"

"Sure , I hope everything is alright ! Tell me if you need any help"
"Yes all is alright, I gotta go now bye"
I just threw the phone on my bed after that and proceeded with what I was doing.
I blew dried my hair and let it fall into soft curls.
I then put some light make up.
And changed into a new set of cloths. I felt fresh and ready to work again.
I went back to my car then I remembered I need to eat. I'll ask Liam to eat together with me. This was actually a good idea.

When I arrived to the building I called him and told him to meet me at the parking-lot.
"Oh there you are " he kissed me on the cheek which surprised me and caused me to blush.
"Mmm that smell again"
Then he took my hand and went in another direction away from my car.
"My car is that way " I say in surprise.
"Mine is that way " he pointed to another direction.
I just followed behind.

We got into his Mercedes and he drove off.
"Liam you know I only have one hour right"
"We can do a lot in one hour" he winked.
If I thought I was blushing before, I was wrong.
Then we stopped in front of this cute little restaurant place.
We got in and he choose this table in the corner, so we sat opposite each other.
A middle aged women came and asked for our orders.
After about 10 minutes of us talking the women came back with our drinks and appetizers.
"This looks yummy ! And it smells nice "
"Exactly what I keep telling you"
I just laughed it off and we started eating.

Liam was the player kind of guy but he was a sweet person and I actually enjoy his company he seems to lighten up my mood so quickly even though I know we haven't known each other for long, but I'm willing to try and get to know him better.
We had to leave for work soon after we finished.
"I've been meaning to ask you .. Don't you have work and how can you leave whenever you felt like it"
"Don't you know? I'm the vice president" he winked again.
I wish I worked for only him.
"Is there a chance I can work with you and not Nicholas, I like you better"
Oh ...maybe I need to filter what I'm thinking before saying it.
He just laughed
"I'm glad you do, Cause I like you too, but since he hired you he decides where you work but I'll see what I can do"
Well that's better than nothing.
"Thank you"
"Don't thank me ... Yet"
Oh my god this guy and his suggestive words.
We arrived to the building, as I entered I greeted Emily and went up to the top floor.
I knocked on Mr.harris door.
He opened the door. I didn't see that one coming.
"Where were you?"
I looked at my watch. He smacked my hand away .
"Did I ask you what time is it? I asked where you were "
"Ouch! I went home then I went to eat something, but how is that any of your business you said I had 2 hours "
"With who ?"
"Excuse me ?"
"Answer!"
"Although AGAIN I can't see how is that any of your business SIR I went with Liam "
"Oh whoring around with Liam already "
"Excuse me! "
"You're excused! I know your type you can't seem to hold your self at the site of an attractive man, I mean it happened before and if was quite easy for me but I though I was an exception"
I wanted to argue and say that he was, and he was the first and only but why does he deserve such an answer to his harsh words. It hurt.
He was the one in the wrong he has a girlfriend and he was cheating on her.
But I was the one feeling bad and hurt here.
I just couldn't control the tears that started running down my cheeks, no matter how hard I tried to control them and not let him see me break down.
I just ran off to my desk and closed the door behind me .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading...
I know it has been long and I have in fact finished this book but I've forgot about this account and I only just remembered ...
So here I am publishing the rest.
enjoy !
❤️❤️