Mission Accomplished?.

××

Wally turned to Robin just as Shadow and Batman went through the Zeta-Beams. 'What was that about?'

The bird shrugged. 'She owes me.'

KidFlash's eyes widened till they were the size of moons. 'Dude, and you wasted it on that?'

'She owes me a couple more.' Robin smirked but didn't elaborate.

'How?' The ginger stared at his best friend curiously.

'Yeah, Robin,' M'gann joined in, 'didn't you meet her two years ago, or were you lying?'

Conner looked at him as well.

'I'm sure Robin has an explanation for this.' Aqualad spoke up.

'I'm her best friend?' The youngest team member answered with a shrug, evading the question.

'Bro, I can't believe you. I thought we were friends.' Wally said, sounding hurt.

'Guys, do we have to do this?' The boy wonder said, ignoring the disappointment on everyone's face. 'Batman is not going to cut me any slack for this. If this mission didn't come up I was going to be grounded till further notice.'

He told the half lie. Like it wasn't Bruce who forced him to be here. Like his mentor hadn't bribed him to take part in this mission with the chance of seeing Shadow one last time.

'Maybe you deserved it,' Artemis scoffed, 'you took the side of a villain.'

'It's not something you'd expect from The Batman's apprentice.' Aqualad admitted.

'You let us down.' Conner didn't bother mincing his words, he said outright how he felt.

'M'gann.' Robin turned to the Martian.

'You shouldn't have kept secrets.' She mumbled, not looking him in eyes.

'Wally?'

'I. . . I don't want to talk to you right now.' The speedster didn't even look at him.

Robin clenched his fists. 'If that's how you guys feel then. . .'

Recognized Batman: 02

His shoulders fell as he turned to his mentor.

'Follow me.' The older hero said almost apathetically.

The hacking genius sighed, wishing he could just vanish into thin air, but reluctantly obeyed.

××

The walk was painfully silent, at least that was what Robin thought.

But at last Batman stopped at the door to Black Canary's office.

Robin stared at The Dark Knight. 'You're not serious.'

'Get in,' Batman wasn't in the mood for negotiations.

The groaning boy stepped into the room and his mentor locked the door behind him.

This it, the boy couldn't help but think. This is when he kills me for being such a nuisance.

'Shadow has opened up to me on a lot of things but I never expected that you wouldn't be able to.' Dinah said softly.

Dick sighed, taking a seat on the couch. 'I'm in trouble, aren't I?'

'No.'

'Yes.'

BC glared at Batman and Gotham's hero didn't hesitate to glare back, their opposing views clear to see.