Chapter 20; The Seed Of Doubt

Chapter 20:

I sat patiently in the living room, just waiting for him to come home. For Reese. It's been two hours since he stormed out acting weirdly.

I don't know what it is, but Reese has been really weird and to say strange to see him like that. I know for sure he's hiding something. And something big at that.

The door opened and shut echoed through out the apartment in a rough manner. He strolled in the apartment in a hurry, shirt messed might add. His hair ruffled up and his chest stained with mud. His face looked panicked.

"Colleen, we have to leave." he said out if breath. I looked at him confused.

"why?" I questioned him.

"it's your father, he's here." he said exhausted. That's when I saw the blood trickling from his forehead.

"oh my gosh, Reese, you're bleeding." I stood up trying to touch his head. He grabbed my hand and looked me dead in the eye.

"There's no time for that. Pack what you need. We gotta have a move on." he rushed me. I nodded slowly, and headed for the room. What knows God's name is happening?

Reese's POV:

I can't explain the panic right now. I know that Alex guy looks familiar. Running into the woods, I let out a sigh. My wolf is craving for release but I don't think that's a good idea.

I walked deeper into the forest not expecting to be punched to the ground unexpectedly. What the heck?

Laughter echoed through the forest, and it was seriously creepy. I stood my ground as I tried to detect movement or a scent, but none of that appeared. Soon I was kicked to the ground.

Two feet made their way before me, as I looked up to see him. Alex.

"What the hell are you doing?" I groaned out in pain. This was weird. My body was supposed to be fine now. I wasn't supposed to be feeling pain. But why...

"I came to give you a message." he smirked cunningly. From who? God! I just got things back on track. "Master says it isn't very smart of you to go against him, so now your dear Luna is going to pay." then it caught my attention.

"I knew something was off about you. You stinking Vampire!" I yelled angrily. My wolf was getting out of control, but I tried my hardest not to leash out. I could feel him surface to a point, that I had so little control.

"Oh, your Colleen wouldn't be happy o hear you speak to her best friend like that. She won't forgive you." he said smiling.

Did he loose his brain cells or something? "I don't understand where you're getting at." I said, as my eyebrows furrowed. I tried keeping my breathing in check as I stood up. My wolf was getting closet and closer.

"I planted a seed of doubt in her mind, so no matter how much she says she forgives you, how much she thinks you are right, how much she feels for you. There will always be a seed of doubt. A doubt that will tear you apart." he laughed. And that just ticked my wolf.

Soon I could feel my bones in pain. I can't give in now, I need to suck some information from him. I need to know what he's getting to. Just a little more time.

"that will never work, a mate bond is stronger than anything. She will forgive me, believe when I say, that it WILL happen." I said trying to believe myself for sure.

He chuckled lightly. "Oh Reese, you do not know what you're getting yourself into. That girl is nothing but trouble. You're going to try so hard to get her to believe you and love you, but everytime you do it will perish as if it never happened." he said smoothly.

"The master or Colleen's father, won't hurt her right?" I asked carefully. Not wanting anything unnecessary to slip.

"Who knows? He is really a strange man. He can do strange things at strange times. But as for this? I think he'll allow it to play a little longer, just to watch to suffer. Just to watch you in pain. After all he does hate you." that's what I needed. Colleens' dad's aim.

If I know his motive, he's reason and how he's going to do it, I think I have a better chance at saving my mate. A better chance at saving both of them. 

"We've never even met! He can't hate me, we don't know each other!" I played out. I just need a little more. Everytime the idiot says her name or something that my wolf doesn't like, he keeps pushing and pushing.

"No you've never, but your father has. Something went around with your father and him, which he then learned to despise people and family, I guess that's what changed the master, but honestly I don't know why he's here -" he cut himself short. I guess he's figured out my motives.

He's here.

He's here.

He's here.

That's what seemed to ring in my mind at the moment. Shit! Colleen. Alex laughed venom in his tone.

"You are very smart alpha. But not-" now I cut him short, as my canines shot out. I held him by his throat. Stopping the air passage. Just enough for him to pass out. I can't kill him. Not yet. Not until I can get more information. And I know he will come back to find me.

Because he loves Colleen.

And that seems to put me on edge, and not little, a lot on edge.

*********************

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Alex? A Vampire? He loves Colleen? How does Reese know this? What's gonna happen next.

Are you as excited as me???

Guysssss! We're already on chapter 20!oh my gosh, I know so quick! And we've been ranked 77 in werewolf!

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama

Don't forget to check out my 'book To Be The Second!'