Th.ty One

Garrett had just texted me and said that they were pulling up into the driveway. I walked to the front door, opening it and waiting for them to walk up the walkway. Once they were in sight, I instantly smiled.

" Deon, this is my mother Regina and my father Samuel. " he introduced us and we all shook hands.

" Pleasure to meet you all. Right this way? " I gestured them into the house, and they all observed in amazement.

" Damn, this shit is nice. " Garrett mumbled, quickly being popped upside the head by his father.

" Language, boy. " his mother warned him. I looked up, noticing a smiling mother who was walking towards me.

" Hi, I'm Tracy, Tre's mother. " she greeted them, hugging and shaking hands.

" Nice to meet you, Tracy, you have a lovely home. " Garret's father complimented. " I'm Samuel, this is Regina, and our son....."

" Garrett. Tre has told me so much about you. You guys ready to eat? " she asked them, pointing to the kitchen.

" I thought you'd never ask. " Mr. Samuel mumbled, making everyone laugh.

We sat down to eat, and got to know them better, and they really were great people. They had arranged to hang out after my parents returned from Bali, and I was pretty excited! I was happy to see my mother and father enjoying themselves, they've went through so much to make sure that we were taken care of.

" So, what does your dad do? " Garrett asked me, focusing on the TV screen.

" He's a big business man. " I replied, texting Jay back.

" Must be nice, living in a big ass house like this. " he chuckled.

" Now. Before we moved, he was never home. Always away taking care of business. " I dragged out, letting my mind wonder.

The next morning, I was up bright and early, waiting for Garrett and his parents. My parents weren't up yet, which suprised me, but they did stay up pretty late last night. There was a knock at the door, and I answered it, smiling at Garrett as he stood there.

" You ready? " he asked me, anxiously.

" I'm ready. " I nodded.

" You guys be safe, and have fun. " my father spoke, yawning. He hugged me, kissing my forehead and waving us out to the car.

We arrived to the airport, checking our bags in, and boarding the plane. Garrett and I sat together, while his parents sat directly behind us. The plane took off, and we were on our way for the rest of our day.

" So, apparently your dad still supports you? " he looked over at me.

" Yeah, we're really close, and I feel that it's brought us closer. " I replied, honestly.

" That's great, actually. " he nodded.

" Seeing how many other parents act towards children who come out to them, I am blessed. " I smiled.

" You know, I had an older brother, and he came out to my parents. " he informed me.

" How did they react? " I became interested.

" Being that my mother was overly religious, she didn't want anything to do with him, but my father tried to reason with the both of them. Three days after he told her, they got into the biggest arguement, and he stormed out. After a week of him being at his friends house, or so we thought, my mother brought herself to accept him. We went to go get him, only to be told that he wasn't where we thought he was. " he explained.

" Where was he? "

" After filing a missing persons report, the police came to our house and told us to identify a body......"

" Garrett, I'm sorry, but I don't want to hear this. " I tried not to cry.

" He was killed. " he continued.

" And to this day, I just can't seem to let that go. " Mrs. Regina sighed as Mr. Samuel comforted her.

" The only reason I told you this was because I can see my brother in you! Your passion, your confidence, your courageousness. Don't lose that! People will try to push you into a corner, and make you succumb to what they want you to be. Don't let them! I've only met one person like you, and that was brother, and he allowed the world to dictate what he should do, and who he should be. I just see greatness in your future, don't let anyone steal your light. "