Chapter One

"Good Morning Korra!" a girl with long wavy hair jumped onto my back, scaring the life out of me. It was Asami. Asami and I have been best friends since middle school. Since then, we have always been together. We then found out that we lived so close together and our friendship grew even more. Needless to say, I knew everything about her.

"Asami, don't scare me like that!" I told her. She laughed.

"Why do you look so grumpy?" Asami asked with curiosity.

"Nothing, I just couldn't sleep last night." I told her.

"Were you too excited because it's our first day in high school!?" Asami asked with joy.

We both laughed at our silliness. Asami grabbed my hand and led me to the entrance of our new high school building.

The building was ginormous. It had everything, a typical high school could have. It had a massive yard with a baseball field, a soccer pitch, even a garden with benches. Inside was even more amazing. The building had 3 floor altogether with 20 rooms in each floor. There was a massive indoor pool, rooms for all the clubs, like a table tennis club room. The halls were shiny and modern style. It added a very urban vibe to the atmosphere.

Asami and I both admired the building in awe. One look at each other and we knew exactly what to do.

"Race you to the Ceremony Hall!" We both said simultaneously.

Asami got a few steps ahead of me, but because I was in the track team in middle school, I went ahead and left her in the dust. I turned to her struggling to catch up and I couldn't help laughing out loud. When I turned around, I lost my balance at bumped into a guy in front of me.

When I looked up, I saw the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. He was tall and well-built. He had chestnut hair and hazel eyes. He gave me the most down-to-earth smile that made my heart flutter. I couldn't help but blush like an idiot.

"Are you alright?" he said, his voice was so mesmerising and enticing.

"Um......." I stupidly mumbled.

"Korra, What's going on?" Asami asked as she walked over to us.

"Asami... Um.. This is..." I looked over to the guy. "What was your name again?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm Mako" He introduced himself.

"I'm Asami by the way," Asami said. She looked at Mako with a slight blush on her face. That made me a little uncomfortable.

Ding Dong

The bell rang. We were already so late for the entrance ceremony.

"Crap, Asami we have to go!" I yelled.

"Oh right, um.. It was nice meeting you," Asami told Mako.

"It was nice meeting you too, Asami and Korra," he smiled.

Asami and I smiled at each other once Mako left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Asami and I found where the class boards were, we searched for our names, holding each other's hand hoping to be in the same class together. Once we simultaneously noticed our names on the same list, we cheered. We then decided to explore the whole campus since we about 20 minutes before classes started.

We glanced at each rooms. All the rooms were modern enough, with wooden desks with steel legs and steel chairs. Each room had blackboards, with uniform windows that overlooked towards the school yard where the baseball pitch, running tracks and grass field was located. Next in the tour was the cafeteria. The place was huge. As I turned to Asami's directions, I caught her admiring the decor on the ceiling. She always had an interest in architectural stuff.