It Only Takes Once (Chapter 24)

"Shakayln, where in the hell are you going?" Victoria called from the top of the stairs.

"Shit." I mumbled. She caught me. I hadn't seen Khadarious in almost two days and I was missing my baby daddy something serious, so I decided to try and sneak out of the house to go and see him.

"Just out for a walk." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Bullshit, you're going to see Khadarious aren't you?" She said crossing her arms and slowly walking down the stairs.

"Uh no." I said laughing uneasily. "I told you I'm just going for a walk." I said smacking my lips.

"I know you Shakayln, plus why in the hell would you go on a walk at three o'clock in the morning dressed like that, with no security." She said smirking.

"Okay fine. Just don't tell Devin, please." I begged.

"Hell no, you are not about to get me in trouble." She said eyeing me.

"You wont get in trouble, even if I do get caught I won't rat you out." I explained.

"I don't know Shakayln." She said hesitantly.

"Fine, I'll give you fifty bucks." I offered.

"Deal." She said smirking. "Pinky Promise." She said wiggling her pinky in my face.

"Fine, you better not tell on me." I said mugging her as we both licked our pinky fingers before linking them together.

"Wait, I wanna go too." She whined.

"Well hurry up and don't get caught, I'll be in the car." I said before getting a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and heading towards the back door.

Once Tori was fully dressed in all black and in the car we backed out of the driveway and got onto the main road.

Thank God Devin was a heavy ass sleeper.

"Shit." I said hitting the steering wheel.

"What's wrong?" Victoria asked concerned.

"They won't let me onto the ward." I sighed before smacking my lips.

"Why not?" She asked

"Dr. Ross's orders." I replied simply.

"Well maybe we can-"

"I have an idea." I said lighting up. "We can dress up as nurses and sneak passed the nurses station. They wont even notice it's me." I said nodding my head.

"Where are we going to buy scrubs at this time of night Shakayln?" She asked while looking at me upside my head.

"Shakayla." I said grinning.

"Like she's going to loan you her scrubs to sneak into the hospital." She smirked.

"Who said she's going to know." I laughed, smirking back at her before putting my eyes back on the road and doing a U turn and heading in the direction of Shakayla and Justin's house.

"Okay, you keep watch and I'll go get the scrubs." I explained while unlocking their front door.

"Wait we need a warning word or something, in case something happens." She said stopping me.

"Bootyhole." I exclaimed.

"What the hell Shakayln?" She mumbled while looking at me upside my head.

"First thing that came to mind." I shrugged. "Wish me luck." I said before pushing the front door open for the both of us.

I quietly tip toed my big pregnant ass up the staircase that led up to their bedroom. I knew this house like the back of my hand due to the fact that I lived here for the first month of my nephew Xavier's life.